What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Fuzz, green nodules

• Thread starter RamPuppy
  • Start date

RamPuppy

hey all, in my tank I have a couple spots of white fuzz, inside the fuzz are multiple little green nodules that are very bright, like the rhind of a lime.

Any ideas on what they are? they are probably sometype of egg sac.. just wondering if they are plant food or plant predator.

With out looking at them to be sure I would guess that they are some type of fungal fruiting body.

Just my guess

Does the white "fuzz" look like human saliva AKA spit? Then if it does you may have a spittlebug colony in your tank.

Hum( thinking as hard as I can) I would have to say
when was the last time you threw lime rhinds in your terrarium. You should stop doing that.
Actualy what I would do is carefuly remove the thing put it in a jar and watch it grow.

not a bad idea... I will do it tonight.

Hi RP, when the slime mold/ alge in my VFTs comes up in the middle of some mold fibers the slime mold forms translucent bright green nodules until it breaks free of the mold fibers, that is most likley what you are seeing. It is the same thing that forms the green ooze later in the season.

Back