What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp Books

Does anyone have any opinions about "The Savage Garden: Cultivating Carnivorous Plants" by Peter D'Amato? My hubby ordered it for me as a gift. Just wondering if any of you have read it, and if the recommendations in the books are well educated and viable?

Thanks!
smile.gif

i think its a good book. A lot of the things I already knew from talking and finding things on the web, but it has nice pictures and basics of each sort. Has some things about how to care for plants like soil and such, and covers most cp's i think? I regret not bringing it with me to college because i was worried about space. I actually sat down and read it in a day. It also sparked my interest in utric's, and I cant wait to get my gibba from magore =]

I highly recommend it. Definitely the best book I've seen for getting started, but even after almost two years growing CPs, I still refer to it quite often.

I'm with Carnivorous23. It's one that I use as a reference or to jog my memory on what particular CP looks like. I think you will really like it. It's also written in plain English without the jargonese you occasionally find in this type of book.

Wow, so far so good on the opinions, thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting it now!
wink.gif

Ahh...and like the Bible, every home should have one, right?
wink.gif
smile.gif
Ifeel that way about my Aromatherapy books as well (and also good cook books...everyone needs to have "Company's coming" in their kitchen!
wink.gif

I'm really looking forward to getting this CP book. It's going to be great to read through and use for reference material.
smile.gif

every cp lover/grower should have that book.it is a essential book to have in your collection.i hope he writes another one some day
smile.gif

A book every cp'er should have
smile.gif

Well I am sure that you have already heard this but I believe the Savage Garden is a great book at a great price. There is another book out there on how to grow cp's (hardcover) but out of print and hard to find. I will tell you the name as soon as I can think of it...

travis

Ah, the book is: Insect-Eating Plants and How to Grow Them
by Adrian Slack.

travis

does any body know any books that are a little more specific to the different varieties of CPs like one exclusively on drosera. i would like to find a book exclusively on drosera and its different varieties within drosera, even if it is difficult reading and i have to reaserch just to understand the book.

thanks
Joel

Back