What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey! ive got a sprout  :p

Im very excited, i recieved some pitcher plant seeds and two other types of droseras from some guys on this fourm and today i have my first two seedlings. Very small of course. I doubt that there the pitcher plant seeds because the leafs are very broad and i excpet the leaf on the pithcer plant to be over top the plant, so im asumming there one of the droseras. Hey, Thanks guys. Im very greatful for the generosity of the people on this site.
biggrin.gif

Just to let you know.  The first leaves from a pitcher plant are cotelydons (sp?).  They are fairly large (for a seedling) and non-carnivorous.  You can tell them apart from dews, because they are probably 3 times the size of a sundew seedling and, well, they have no dew.
tounge.gif

SF

Sundew cotyledons (sp) have no dew either.lol
biggrin.gif

Granted, but by the time you can see any hint of a green seedling, it already has at least one carnivorous leaf. At least, this has been my experience.

SF

my capensis seedling started with carn. leaves

all the same, i still think its a sundew. I'd excpet the pitcher plant seedling to be a wee bigger based on the size of the seeds. Just like you said, the S. Seeds are 3X bigger than the D. seeds. Thinks the S. seedlings would be larger than whats sprouting
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Maybe posting a picture could help us ID it.

ok.. err.. guys.. this may sound kinda silly but, how the heck do i post a photo thats from my harddrive?

Upload it to your server space on Webpage and then when you reply to a post, click on the image button (located above the message body) and entering the exact URL. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

SF

Back