What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Livin\' Sphagnum

how do you store living shagnum for future use?

Living Sphagnum. Well I get it wild from my area since there is sooo much of it here. But I got some this summer and used it in my terrarium and it is still growing beautifully.But it freezes really hard here in the winter usually soo I would put it in a large washtub lined with plastic to ensure it is safe and pour some pure water in there and just lay the clump or piles of it in there and let it grow then when you need it for planting a CP or whatever just take a handful or how much you need. That is what I did and it works great!

You might try the fridge. Just keep it damp in a ziplock bag or container. You can also put them on the soil of pots of highland CP's and attempt to grow them. This way you can just pluck the sphagnum whenever it is needed.

I had some for a time-i just kept it in the bag i got it in-it was sealed and moist and i put it in a damp place...

Back