What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer question

Yesterday my system started to save all JPEG files as Bit Maps. I have restarted the system but the problem remains. There is an option to "save file as..." but it only lists Bit Map sa an option. Can anyone tell my why and help me to fix this?

What program are you using to save a file?

Hi Tamlin,

Our system at work does that, but we have to save the file as something else. We are also not given another option. I do not know if it will work for you, but we just put on the proper file type and it saves as that type. What we want are bitmaps so we add the .bmp and it works fine. Try the .jpg.

I hope this works for you.

jhaluska: he is using windows xp. as in just going to an image online right click select save as....

copper: tried that. he says after it is saved and he tries to open it with his edditor, it tells him he needs to rename the file to bit map to mach the file format (right tamlin? that's how i understood it when we were trying to figure it out...)

Andrew

Back