What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby Turtles, CPs and terraniums

I want to try this set up, I think it would be interesting. I dont know how much the turtle would like 15 hours of light though. Just curious if anyone has done this.

smile.gif
I think you'll get more feedback here.

Ive done it ONCE, i planted the CP's in with the turtle. About 2 days later i noticed little bite marks on the CP's the next day i caught my 3 lil turtles EATING the cp's THEY GOT POISONED and died. NO this is not a good idea. My cp's were already dieing because of all the sunlight the turtles required SO DONT DO IT.

1) 90% of CPs thrive in full sun and so the amount of light needed for a turtle would be perfect for them and would not cause them to die. I used to use ReptiSun fluorescent bulbs for my plants till I discovered that the generic Sunlight bulds were just as good at a third of the price.

2) CPs are not poisonous, and if they were the turtles would know after a single bite (poisonous plants taste really bad) and would not continue eating them.

The turtles eating the plants is a valid point and would be my main concern as they will much just about anything. The amount of light would not be a problem for the turtles (I have my snake and lizards on 18 hour photoperiods right now.)

Pyro

Forgot one thing and that one thing is their poop. It might be a pain to clean it. Does anyone know if they poop in the water or on ground? If its in the water I can just add a filter.

I had another idea.

Turtles and aquatic CPs.

Back