What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

music

I certainly do not feel the love for rap
tounge.gif
wink.gif
...I am sure there few closet fans somewhere out there...hehehehe lol *snicker* *snicker*
smile.gif

travis

i agree with dyflam too
name 15 rappers rapped for more than 2 years.
plus, all they talk about is "clubbin', chillin', killin' 'em mofos,
it just does not make any point...
unlike the lyrics of smashing pumpkins, creed, coldplay....
at least it makes a point.... but enough of my blabbing...
here's what i listen to:
marilyn manson
smashing pumpkins
nine inch nails - closer, the wretched
coldplay
local h
u2
creed
aerosmith (the old songs only)
guns n' roses
metallica
queen

You're all dissin' rap....Let's not forget...

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE
YOU OTHER BROTHERS CAN'T DENY

Sorry....Got carried away
wow.gif
wink.gif

Gotta love that song, though!

dont forget the classic qoute:

Raise The Fist OF the Metal Child

does anyone remember savatages cd called gutter ballet??

tell me criss oliva wasnt the best guitar player ever!!

Here`s mine in no order- Allman Bros.,Frank Zappa,Greatful Dead,Stones,Marshall Tucker,Pink Floyd. p.s. in my opinion Rap music makes Afro-Americans look like a bunch of braindead thugs, ever hear these guys talk during an interview?

Mike King,
See what happens when I reply to your PM BEFORE I read the thread.....DOH!

You got to mean the guys?!?
wow.gif
wow.gif

Really cool!

And on the subject of vapor trails, I actually do like it, but it took me a while to warm up to some of it. I gotta tell ya, the concert I saw in June was what did it for me with Victory!
smile.gif

My favorite music is PUNK (and NO I do not wear my pants sagging to my ankles.)

Favorite bands would be:

Strung OUt
Millencolin
Less Than Jake
Samiam
Pully
Lagwagon
Ten Foot Pole

Hi Guys,

My favorite music would have to be classical, Bach, Chopin, etc, mencini is nice.... and second would be jazz and swing. Bluegrass is also not bad...

I guess I'm a little different in the cp enthusiast world.
smile.gif
(no surprise to me).

I'm not into any of the "hard noise" stuff, punk, rock, etc, but I LOVE music with any recognizable amound of quality in it.

does ANYONE else here think the same?

noah

Yeah, I'd have to say I listen to more classical than anything else.  No one else in my house likes it.  I haven't figured out whats wrong with them.
wink.gif

smile.gif

not many people like rap huh? i do, thats about all i listen to. i dont see nothing wrong with rap, and thats my opinion.

I used to be a big jazz fan. When I was in highschool I'd spend all my money on records (yep, vinyl). I will still buy 50s-60s Bluenote stuff if I see it. I even studied jazz saxophone at at university.

I on the end of an electronic music phase right now. Once the drugs wear off it's not nearly as interesting.

Ironically, this has left me listening to a lot of the crappy pop music which I shunned while I was in highschool.

well, i just got booted off the web after typing out a response for 10 min...(... aol.)
now i'll just give you the short version!
in no order, just what i remember that's worth mentioning...

tool
pink floyd
savatage
yngwie j. malmsteen
iron maiden
ozzy
steve vai
joe satrini (taught steve vai how to play guitar)
lords of acid
praga khan
my life with the thrill kill kult
enigma
massive attack
chemical brothers
crystal method
queensryche
korn
dirty vegas (!  buy this cd &#33
wink.gif

fleetwood mac
al di meola
nicolo pagannini's 24 carpices
slayer
testament
king diamond
iron maiden
dokken
eminem
ministry
wasp
rob zombie/white zombie
system of a down

peace,
technoracer

I wasn't talking about hemp. Heck, that's barely illegal up here in Canada.

well, i used to smoke a ton of weed. and did so quite frequently!

i have dropped a bit of lsd in the past, smoked a bit of opium, a little hash, and have eaten mushooms once...

peace,
techoracer

I dont knowif you'd consider mymusic real rap, but I REALLY like 'Graphic' music... Its got a good beat... I can name a few songs, but if little kinds go a downloadin.... hmmm...

I like Ja Rule, Nelly, Ashanti, Lil Kim, etc... Young clubby music I guess... Depending on what mood I'm in I like some dancish techno too, but nothing so fast that I can't dance to it sensibly... I li ke basement jaxx, oooh, its kinda old, but I LOVE the song I'll Fly With You by Gigi D'Agastino, and Castles in the Sky by Ian Van Dhal... Oh, and Heaven by DJ Sammy!!! Heehee... Uuum... King of My Castle by Wamdue Project can be stuck on that list too...

My fav rappish song is Put it On Me by Ja Rule... I dunno why... its fairly old, but I LOOOVE it... a newer song that is really good is Happy by Ashanti...

BTW, music that sands like somone with a bad case of lycanthropy on a full moon night...... i HATE........ SoRrY all ya ppl who are into that crap, but i think its absolute TRASH... Roar, snarl, his, cus.... Yea, its called eloqution buddy...

Metallica
The Vandals
The Offspring
Cold
Puddle of Mudd
Incubus
Coldplay (for those days that I'm depressed
wink.gif
)
Foo Fighters
Nickelback
Ozzy Osbourne
Alien Antfarm
Enigma
KMFDM
MDFMK
Jimmy Eat World
Blink182
U2
Sugar Ray
Sublime
Papa Roach
Bob Marley (He IS reggae)
Japanese Anime and videogame theme songs (I can't understand a d@mn thing but it's cool
smile.gif
)

And anything else that has a good rhythm.
smile.gif

Jœl

I looooove the songs Bryan Adams did for the movie Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron(especially ''Here I Am'&#39
wink.gif

I also like country and oldies.

House music all night long. And give me some good old disco, intelligent techno or synthpop and I am a happy camper....

It's funny that someone mentioned a lot of people into CP are into metal. I am not a fan, but my friend Dave loves death metal. We had a CP meeting / sleepover, and I woke up in the middle of the night to what I swear was the devil talking through him in his sleep! Kids, just be careful listening to that satanic noise, would you?
wink.gif

Give me some good modern country! I sing myself, so I really appreciate powerful voices, strong talent and genuine people like Paul Brandt, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, Martina McBride.
Shania Twain was cool, but she' selling out. Tim McGraw does some really heartfelt music, and I appreciated Garth Brooks for talent and heart, but I lost my respect for him as a person a long time ago.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll leave it at that for now!
wink.gif

WOW! I can't believe all the punk & metal people here! I've been listening to rock-metal since I was a kid. And publishing metal mags since 1991. Currently I'm doing Battle Helm Magazine Online, it was being published until 2001 but we lost our advertising when our distribution increased so did the ad rates.
mad.gif

Anyway my favorite bands are

Iron Maiden (Is anyone buying the Eddie action figures? The Number of the beast one is amazing! )
Wasp
Judas Priest
Venom
Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
Manowar
Crass (better be a fave I've had their anarchy & peace logo tattooed on my arm since I was 13
wink.gif
)
Exciter
Celtic Frost
Bathory
AC/DC
Virgin Steele
Destruction
Blind Guardian
Hammerfall
Edguy
Iron Savior
Gamma Ray
Sinner
Black Sabbath
Lizzy Borden
Death SS / Sylvesters Death / The Black (Italy)

Non metal:
Asia
Brighter Death Now
Mortiis
...The Soil Bleeds Black
Akhkharu

...and people say plants like soft music!
biggrin.gif

Back