What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

music

hey everybody

i know there is a great diversity of people here and this forum is a great way for all of us to come together. well, lets hear about some of the different music we all listen to. whats your favorite kind of music and a few of your favorite bands. heres mine.
i enjoy hardcore and metal the most. some of my favorite bands

Stretch Arm Strong- very melodic hardcore. super creative!!
7 Angels 7 Plagues- insane metalcore!! good jazz influence!
killswitch engage- these guys are really good!
shai hulud- awesome melodic hardcore with great lyrics
cryptopsy- absolutely CRAZY!! very jazz influenced
poison the well- incredible lyrics and great sound
hopesfall- the best melodic hardcore ever!! mellow breakdowns
beyondfall- these guys are creative!! where did they come up
with this stuff!! techincal!!

ok, lets hear some of your favorites. i could always use some new influences for my drumming. thanx alot everybody. take care

-josh

Showing my age I guess but I'm an 80's guy.
There's heaps of stuff from that decade that I love.

That was the end of a group called Split Enz, a brilliant Kiwi group.
Killing Joke
The Smiths
The Cure's early stuff (like Killing an Arab and 10:15 on a Saturday Night)
Simple Minds
The Stranglers
Joy Division/ New Order
Depeche Mode

Recently found a prog - WINMX, if you haven't tried it - GET IT!!!
I have downloaded so much great music, I'm listening to Simple Minds as I type this.

Cheers, Troy.

Classic rock, pretty much all of it.

RUSH!!! (I have every one!&#33
wink.gif

some classical (like fantasia)
some jazz (not the smooth kind, the kind you can jump to)
Techno/acid techno (lords of acid, crystal method, etc)

I guess a little of everything, except rap (but then, Baby got back aint half bad
biggrin.gif
)

My favorite types of music are classic country, alternative country and harder rock. Favorite bands:

Classic Country
David Allan Coe
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
Merle Haggard

Alternative Country
Slobberbone
Wilco
Drive-By Truckers
Beaver Nelson
Scrimshanders
Neko Case
Kelly Hogan
Steve Earle
Cheri Knight

Rock
System Of A Down
Mindfunk
Saigon Kick
Blind Melon
Oasis
Pantera
Rewind
Second Coming
Hum
Weezer
Flickerstick
The Gathering

hmmm.. I listen to a lot of emo/hardcore, so here's some stuff I like:

Orange 9mm... good hiphop/hardcore combo
Ignite ... good hardcore band, great live
H20 ... great band (always on tour with bad poppy punk bands though)

Rainer Maria ... emo, great lyrics, amazing vocals
Sunny Day Real Estate... really mellow, everyone's heard of them though, really good

---Lane

In the old days... Deep Purple, Mountain, Ted nugent.

Now... Alice in Chains, Tool, Foo Fighters

biggrin.gif
wow.gif

Now I'm a country gal! I listen to newer country, and I'm a fan various songs by:

Garth Brooks (most songs)
Reba MacEntire (I appreciate her raw vocal talent)
She-Daisy (some songs)
Dixie Chicks (some songs)
Faith Hill (most songs)
and others I can't think of at the moment!

I also appreciate a variety of other music types and groups. Being a singer and a musician myself, I can find talent in a lot of different music. My favorite artist of all time is:

Celine Dion (she's a wonderful person with remarkable vocal strength and skills)
smile.gif

I love hum. I don't listen to them much anymore but I was lucky to see them twice before they broke up. Other than hum I like mainly drum and bass. My current favorite drum and bass producers are Digital and Spirit, Sonic and Silver, Photek, Ice Minus, and Technical Itch.

I listen to a bit of everything. Classical such as Mozart, Brahms, etc.; Celtic: The Chieftains, The Irish Rovers; One tape with Andean flute music I like; Classic rock & earlier stuff: Roy Orbison, The Doors, The Beatles, and several others; Country: Garth Brooks, Charlie Pride, Dixie Chixs, George Strait; Silly songs: The Telephone Man, Mississippi Squirrel, Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer. I listen to it all and if I like it I listen to more
smile.gif
. I don't like listening to the same style of songs/music 'cause after while I've heard the songs so many times they become irratating so I tend to listen to one style for a while then go to another.

Well Schloaty,
Rush is my top band too! I even went from England to see them in New York in Dec 96 to see them specially. Got a back stage pass and met Geddy and Alex! Talk about opportunities!

What do you think of 'vapor trails'?

My favorite bands/people are:

Blind Melon- R.I.P. Shannon Hoon, who is the most unapreciated talented artist to ever grace the music scene.

System Of A Down- probably ties with how much i like Blind Melon

KoRn- My third fav band- There old stuff is awesome.

Bob Marley: What can I say he is a legend.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

My music tastes vary although I would probably call myself a cheesy pop person!

I am a huuuuuuge fan of the Eurythmics and also Scandinavia's Ace Of Base. I have every Album and singles that these bands have produced. My rarest is My Eurythmics Picture disc of 'julia' from the the soundtrack for 1984. Took me just 4 years to get hold of!

i dont have alot so here are my top 10 :

1: Savatage

2: Goo Goo Dolls

3: Ac/Dc

4: Dream Theatre

5: Symphony X

6: Def Leppard

7: Slayer

8: Megadeth

9: Joshua Kadison

10: Fates Warning

thats it
smile.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Not one person likes RAP
confused.gif
whats up wit tat? Rap, day have such tdalent
wink.gif
. I know how to spEk and dalk - I don’t swear at all (honesth ;-]+). I like tons of it different rap (NWA, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Ice Cube, icp, kool moe dee, fat boys, too short, many more). The new stuff basically stinks.
I like funk, old country, blues, funny songs, heavy metal, and rock or roll. Here is only the tip of the ice burg:
George Clinton, Willie Nelson, John Lee hooker, Rob Zombie, Green Day, manowar, eurythimics, ac/dc, atomic fireballs, cheap trick, Queen, Rocky Horror Picture Show sound track, guns-n-roses, poison, Old metallica,quiet roit, tom petty, b-52, john cash, etc, etc...Basically I do not have a favorite.

travis

Yeah Travis, there seesm to be a definite trend for CP people toward heavy metal and hard rock eh?

BigCarnivourKid I enjoy some classic if I'm in the mood.
I did a music scholarship in high school and was force fed classical music for 5 years. Even had to write my own (which I must admit I was terrible at&#33
wink.gif
, play in a band, blah, blah, blah.
I like heavy, darker stuff like Bach.

CHeers, Troy.

alot of stuff

techno, dance, hip hop, rap, rock, some heavy, i HATE country jazz classical, some other stuff thats abouit it

i dont have a fav song cus i get bored of music listening and atuff then new email and its kewl

I have a wide range of musical likings, and i can comprehend just abotu any kind of music out there.. excpet gospel which scares me... but i usually orientate myself around punk rock, and folk artist's or artist LIKE BITCHIN ANI DEFRANCO!! OH YA THE GREATEST FOLK SINGER! But i am into other bands like,

The Vandals
Crass
The Mad Caddies
Plasmatics
Pitch shifter
i coudl go on but let us not forget the Rock Horror Picture show sound track! OH YA! TIME WARP BABAY!!! Phew get ahold of myself... but when there is such great music out there! just cant keep myself calm...

Cya laters
Jim :eek:

ps dont feel all out of date if you have no clue who these bands are... ive only listed one of an infinite amounbt of music i listen to.. and almost no one has ever heard of these bands.. except mayeb of coarse pitchshifter, and rocky horror picture show... but anyways CYA!

wow.gif
wow.gif

Music would be my next passion
smile.gif

My tastes vary and I always get strange looks from people, but I really love every type of music ( except country; sorry, I can't get into it. You know what you get when you play a country album backwards? All your stuff back
smile.gif
)

---Groove/Jazz/Chill/Soul
Spacek - electric, groove
Ursula Rucker
Sade - my babies mamma
India Arie
Ella Fitzgerald
Miles Davis
Cannonball Adderly
John Coltraine
Donald Byrd
Kevin Yost - acid jazz
People under the Stairs
Cloud 9
Two Banks of Four
St Germain
Jazzanova
Jill Scott
Groove Collective
Lisa Shaw
Future Sound of London

----Reggae/Dancehall/Soca
Bob Marley
Dawn Penn
Buju Banton
Shaka Demus & Pliers
Anything that makes you move
smile.gif

----Rock

System of a Down
Tool
Korn
Hoobastank
Manson ( yes- his concerts are unbelieveable )
The Vines
Tantric

----Dance/Techno/Garage/Trance

Dj Tiesto
Dj Dan
Dj Onionz
Debra Cox
Thunderpuss
Basement Jaxx
Puska

I think you all get the pic....I am a music junky...you should see my car, house, and computer
smile.gif

I am with Dyflam... Rap is crap
but that is just my opinion and means nothing
I personally don't really like the f word 50+ times in a 3 minute song
wink.gif

Anybody even heard of Blind Melon here???

Back