What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ack! i've been downsized.

• Thread starter Glenn
  • Start date
It finally happened. I've been downsized. So maybe I should get out of the Automotive Industry and find something else. Anyone need someone to travel to far flung exotic places seeking out CPs all expenses paid? Probably not.
sad.gif

So now I'm faced with a delema. Do I work on my resume or go out exploring the local fens. Resume...Fen...Resume...Fen.

#### it I'm going out to explore a fen.

Actually I'm not at all concerned, well maybe a little, I'm sure I will land on my feet. To quote my boss "You sure are taking this well."

I'm off in search of Fens the job search starts Monday.

Sorry to here that Glen. I know what it's like to be laid off. I've been doing electrical work for almost 11 years and up until the last 2 yrs I have never been more than a day without a job. The economy crashed, and now it's hard to even keep a job. Ever since I've moved ohio it seems that there are hardly any jobs at all.
If you get the job (expenses paid) going to exotic places looking for cp's, let me know. I'll downsize myself and be your partner.
tounge.gif

If there's anything I can do for you let me know.

Good luck to you in your job search, Glenn! Seems nowadays there's almost nobody who hasn't been downsized at least once. It's a pain but sometimes you end up being in better shape than you were before. So keep your chin up and be creative....good things will come to you
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually I'm not at all concerned, well maybe a little, I'm sure I will land on my feet.  To quote my boss "You sure are taking this well."[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

This is a great attitude to have.  Whenever something bad happens to me i always try to remember that things could always be worse.  Also, contrary to what the media would like us to think, the economy has gotten stronger and will continue to do so (my econ prof. told us this).  So hopefully there will be fewer layoffs and more job openings!  Anyhow good luck with the job search!!  I'm sure you'll find something.
smile.gif

-buckeye

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Glenn @ Aug. 09 2003,09:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">#### it I'm going out to explore a fen.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'm with you. Take a short break before getting back into the rat race with the rest of us
biggrin.gif

I'm still in school, but i sure wish i were laid off. lol

Its happened to me too...in the height of the previous recession. It is NOT fun. I used up all the money I had trying to survive.

Best of luck to you in your job search. I hope its not long til you find another job. In the meantime, enjoy those fens! What a great way to relax from the stress.
smile.gif

Best wishes!

Suzanne

My Girlfriend and I both work at Kodak..
big layoffs coming (again) this fall..
3,000 to be laid off in Rochester..
So we are just waiting to see if our divisions get hit or not..
Autumn is always such a fun season around here!
wink.gif
confused.gif

(there have been layoffs at Kodak each Fall for the last 5 years in a row..im (almost) used to it by now..)

waiting..waiting...waiting...
Scot

I just got back from a long trip to Northern Michigan visiting some spectacular CP sites on Lake Huron! Now it's back to the real world. Thanks for all of the encouragement. I am sure everyting will work out in the end.

If anyone finds themselves in similar circumstances, go visit a wild CP site. It's great for the soul.
smile.gif

Sorry to hear that Glenn
sad.gif
. I think I would have gone on a mini-vacation too. At least it is a good way to keep your mind off of the "Rat Race" as BCK said.

You saw cps by Lake Huron, that is pretty sweet. I was at Lake Huron about month and half go fishing. Did not do so well but it was a nice day to get a sunburn.;)

Travis
smile.gif

Glenn,

I'm off to Torch Lake in Michigan tomorrow morning. Are there any CP sites near there that you, or anyone else is aware of? I'm visiting family, but would take some time to go see some wild CPs if I had a chance!

Capslock

Strength Glenn and Good Luck.

Back