What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New owner as of today

• Thread starter kimfuyung
  • Start date
K

kimfuyung

i have just gotten my plant today around 2 in the afternoon but i dont know how it was out side for. so as soon as i got the package i opened it carfully and noticed that it was flipped around a bit * like all packages dilivered* and well it isnt dead but the plants were kind of opened and well some looked dead not all, but i was wondering what i should do other then water immeadatly * any help please !

What kind of plants?  Best thing you can do is just make sure they are in their pots properly, water them and get them cleaned up. Give them a week or two to recooperate.

it is a green dragon flytrap/ two plants in the pot
how do i clean them up with out causeing to the shock, i mean cause i used the tip of a cotten swab ( cotten taken off ) to push some sand back in place ( around the plant. also i put some water in a dish and i placed the pot in that little plate with a bit of water, and i sprinkled some on top , and well ther is no sun right now cause it is the evening any other sugestions , like i said i am new at this . and well my roomate he isscared of it ( he is such an idoit j/j
tounge.gif
) but yes so please any other sugetions.
by the way thank you for the fast reply
biggrin.gif

Sounds like it will be just fine. They always look a little stunned when you get them in the mail. Just let it be and it will bounce right back. By the way, make sure you use distilled or rain water (Or water filtered with reverse osmosis),

Good luck and welcome to the forums!! Ask about anything you're not sure of. That's what we're here for!

Capslock

Yeah, best way to clean up the plant is just sprinkle water over the leaves to brush the dirt off. Just make sure you use the right water and read all the posts in the VFT section.

The plants they send are pretty hardy, if you take care of it properly by next year you'd be surprised how much it grew!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

thanks you guys ! ( or girls) another question
1) when should i feed it ?
2)do i feed every head or just a few ?
3) i live in miami, in an apartment and get some good sunlight through the window , but should i stick it out side sometimes ?
4) also you know anybody who has been growing them in miami, fl ( i would like some insider info on rasing them here )
biggrin.gif

thanks for being so informative and fast on your replys

go to the vft section and check my care sheet .

Back