What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

terrarium question

Ok everyone, another terrarium question.
I currently have my terrarium set up with the plants in pots that are resting on tiles just below rock level. I use a misting system with R/O water. I have set up a recovery tank for excess water to drain into.
I have been afraid to recycle this water due to possible mineral content in the rocks. My better half got the rocks at Lowes so I'm not sure what type they are and since I do not recycle yet, has not been an issue.
Could anyone recommend rocks that will not leach mineral content. I am not using well water so anything I can do to cut down on filtration would help.
Thanks

Correction, I am using well water now

Any glass-like (obsidian) or solid quartz based (quartz or agate) rock should work fine but stay away from all sedimentary rocks, ignious (volcanic) rocks can go either way.

Thanks,I'll look around and see what I can find. I believe this is river rock I am in the tank now

Back