What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh, ash all over the place!

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
There's been a lot of fires around here and its causing a big problem. The sky is all hazy, smells like smoke and tons of ash is falling on everything. All my plants are covered with white ash, and so is the substrate.
sad.gif
Is the ash bad for my plants as far as contributing nutrients and stuff to the mix? Thanks.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Most cp's are from places that have wildfires all the time. You should be ok.

Isn't ash alkaline? If so wouldn't it be a potential problem if the containers are undrained? Just a thought. I hope the fires stay far away from you Larry!

i here here ashes are benefitials to cps as in the wild , other plant are burned too . theres probably a wild fire somehwere , or another mount versuvias in a city called pompei near you , lol , run before the lava comes
wink.gif
, or porbably its that topic below " This is awful " that is effecting your neighbor hood . hope everthing is ok .

Don't panic about the ash on your cp's....Remember all those topics on "How can I get the local FD to do a controlled burn on said marsh?"
Wildfires in the wild help cp's by burning down other competing folliage, so I would guess they don't mind the ash.
unclesam.gif

Thanks, that makes me feel better. But it sure made a mess of my cps, especially the drosera. Can't spray the ash off without spraying off the dew.
sad.gif

My house is in no danger of getting burned, but the 7 fires sure are wreaking havoc of air quality
mad.gif

Back