What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions please...

Hey y'all. I've been working on the intro to my website and was wondering if a few of you could check it out and see if you had any suggestions, improvements or pointers.

http://home.petflytrap.com/snowyfalcon/

I basically want "constructive" criticism about the FLASH intro.

SF

Looks great SF.. Are you going to add descriptions to all the pictures? Maybe some care tips and details of your observations of the plants.

Steve

Thanks, VFT guy in SJ, I'll work on it. THAT was one of things I was missing!

SF

cool , me like , its a bit slow on my comp and the pic is a little larger then the screen but eerything is great , do you think you can add more pics of other cps in that intro ?
cool.gif

I would LOVE to add some Sarracenias, but unfortunately, the biggest pitchers on my plant are 4 inches and are still too juvenile to be impressive.

I only have one Ping, and it's only 1/4 of an inch big, so that's out.  I guess I could do Utrics, but they're not exactly visually stimulating, unless you can get them to flower (which I have yet to do).

SF

Do you have any suggestions about other CPs? What species would you like to see?

Hey, Maybe you could help me with flash also. I'm trying to make a layout, and I'm not really good with flash.

Forgot to metion, its looking good so far =D.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SnowyFalcon @ Oct. 30 2003,5:52)]Do you have any suggestions about other CPs? What species would you like to see?
More Drosera!!! More Drosera!!! More Drosera!!!
biggrin.gif

Steve

did I mention more Drosera? lmao
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]More Drosera

Hmmmm.... Alot of my Drosera are reaaaalllyyy small. Think seedlings. I'll go out tomorrow and see if I can get any more. It may take me a few days to update the flash file.

SF

Looks really good snowy!!! Good job!
smile.gif

-buckeye

Why don't you ask people for pictures of their drosera, cause I've seen some pictures of sundews here, and its amazing =D.

The Flash intro is pretty slick
cool.gif
!  It loaded up pretty jerky on my computer, so once it finished loading I refreshed the screen and got the full effect without the stop motion
wink.gif
.  The only thing I thought you needed to add was a link back to the home page so people don't have to click the Back button.  There was something else missing but I'll PM you about that
wink.gif

laugh.gif
!

unclesam.gif

BCK

Looks great bro, but... I hate the ending.
It looked like you where leading up to something nice and then "and much more" I didn't like the orange either. It was a great flash you just need a "grand finaly(sp)"

Just my humble opinion.

Casper

Alright, thanks for the opinions everyone!

Great website Falcon. I like the "Flash intro".
As you know, I am computer challenged and your website only serves to make me more aware of how much I have to learn.

Lauderdale,

It only took me a couple of hours to build with the tool I used. Anybody (who had enough time) could do it with a little practice and ingenuity.

SF

Alright, I'm going through the process of cleaning out my file manager to get more space. Let me know if you find any dead links/pictures, that I may have deleted on accident. Thanks!

SF
wink.gif

Very nice intro!
smile.gif
The only thing is I can not see your N. Coccina picture. Maybe someone said it I just have not read any of the post.
cool.gif

Travis

Back