What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since the forums are changing

Since the forums are changing so that Petflytrap is no longer the only company that's supporting them, why don't we have an "Auction forum".  The plants would be donated and the proceeds (minus shipping) could then be used either for the further support of the forum, or for conservation projects, kinda like the CPUK forums?

Is this a good or bad idea?
SF

So it would be a silent auction then?  If you wanted a plant you would post your highest bid and if anyone else is willing to go higher then they could post their amount.  Then you could have a set time that the item's bidding ends, kind of like on ebay.  I think it sounds like a really good idea!!

-buckeye

sounds good to me, as long as the plants are not plants pft carries

Well there wasn't a great jump on this idea, so I guess nobody is really interested (besides Spec and Buckeye)??

SF

It sounds good to me, but it would probably have wider appeal if it were a sales/auction/trade forum, where all transactions could be discussed and made. The CPUK forum has a similar forum, and it seems fairly popular.

Capslock

Sounds good to me.The cpuk forums auction stays pretty busy.

Jerry

It sounds awesome!
biggrin.gif
The proceeds could go to our sponsors or some other organization. Also it's a good way to get good plants from trustworthy people that you know on the net.

Me personally I perfer giving away than having someone pay for one of my plants...Share the great plants that are called Carnivorous Plants. If I do not like you I will give you a cactus because they keep the prickers outside. tee hee k/d
laugh.gif

Travis

Travis, you have a point, but I don't think this would ever take the place of freebies. You don't see Neps or Sarrs going up for free very often (if at all), so this would be more of a donation of plants that are worth something. People have to want to bid after all.

I think we'll still see D. Capensis seeds in the Trading Post for SASE!

SF

It might be a nice idea to get donations for worthy CP causes like the Green Swamp and such. But you'd have to have people willing to donate the plants and I wouldn't want to see that duty to fall on just a few of the same people all the time.

I would lik to see the auction happen. It will be interesting.

So you are saying I can not trade D. capensis for a N. Rajah? What is up with that?
wink.gif
k/d

Well, it depends on whose offering it! LOL! That would be one heck of a deal!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

SF
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back