What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Depression

• Thread starter Casper
  • Start date
About 2 weeks ago I was diagnossed and put on meds. Effexor XR to be exact.

I never thought I had depression, but I started having anxiety attacks at work and my dr. gave me this test and come to find out I am in the "severe" cat. So.. I start taking these meds and I actually start to feel better, but today I did something totally out of character.

I would prefer not to talk about it in open forums, but if anyone would like to chat, I could use someone to talk to. My aim is Caspertg33333.

Sorry to bring this to the forums. I just kinda want someone outside to talk to.

Casper

I feel you... went through the same thing last year. It got really bad a couple of weeks ago, but I've been putting up a good fight against it ever since, even with the long hours of darkness in theese cold AK days, and constant stress at home, I feel I'm pretty much in control of it now. I guess that's why I was banned from the forums last year, among other reasons. It's really a serious problem guys... Too bad I dont have aim though.

Hey casper,

Don't have any personal experience to help you with, but a couple close friends have gone through this. Sounds like you're taking care of it well and responsibly, but the only message I have to you is this: You have to be a part of figuring out the right cure. My friends found the right medication, coupled with some therapy, and now say they can't believe they waited so long to do it. The difference in them has been amazing! But they had to be participants in finding the right medication and the right dosages, as it works different for everyone. Be ready and willing to try different medications and dosages until it works right.

Good luck to you, we're all hoping things work out quickly for you!

Capslock

I have it, I take Prozak (YUM)
biggrin.gif
Prozak is my friend. Drop me a line if ya wanna gab about it ;) my aim is unknownclown
laugh.gif
Take care and be glad you and your doc figured out a way for you to feel better about yourself and those around you
cool.gif

I have been on, but I must have missed you. I could not remember how many 3s you had. I will try to get on tonight. If I can't I will be on tomorrow after 630 PM.

Hey Unknown, I am Carnicopper. Copper was taken
rock.gif

The onset of winter IS hard, isn't it? It helps to have friends to remind you that life is pretty nice, in spite of it all. You might also check out lightboxes or some of the other remedies for Winter Onset Depression.

PS LIFE IS PRETTY NICE, IN SPITE OF IT ALL!
biggrin.gif

No , but i may need angermanagement
tounge.gif
because of my 2 annoying brothers that won't shut up and there anooying games and stupid jokes
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a big supporter of natural cures and herbal medicine. I don't have much experience with depression but look into the pros and cons of St. John's Wort.

Hang in there i know how it feels to be un-happy i take Celexa and now my depression is undercontrol but it took time you know? i use to be a cuter and now i look my scared up arm's and wish i never did that to my self now its under control please dont let yur self get to this point!

Back