What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPs in fish pond

i recently got a big pond with the filters , bricks , fish and all . the fish did'nt do to well during the trip from oxnard to canoga park and a few died but i'm ok . btw , i got everything thing for free
biggrin.gif
, from half dead tillandsias that was underwater , to goldfish and kois . i guess the guy did'nt have time to care for the plants and fish in the pond . Anyways , i had a cool idea , the ponds edges have a small moat which makes me think that cps make a nive addition to the edges . sarracenia , vfts , sundews , pings , ( i can't imagine it all now ) but the thing it , the moat is where the water pours out from the filter to the inside of the pond . since there is fish in there i am worried because of the chemicals that i need to add in the water to get red of the bad stuff and also if the fish crap give the cp's nutrients . anybody know
rock.gif
, and also , is the peat from the plants gonna cause any clogs in the filters ? probably pondboy can help me out on this .

Hi Goldtrap,

I think your problem will be the water. Can you fill the pond with rain water or RO? Goldfish and Koi like water that has minerals in it. They get sick in soft acid water. The otehr problem would be the constant running water from the filter/pump if that goes right where the plants would be. Can the "bog" section of the pond be totally isolated from the rest of the pond?

Bobby

by the time i fill the pond with enough r.o. or rain water i'll be as old as charles darwin .:p the bog probably be isolated but i prefer the water to run through it like a natural setting .

Back