What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare occurence

Last Sunday the temperatures in Fort Lauderdale Florida were;
High 83 degrees.
Low 80 degrees.
Humidity ranged from 93% to 75%.
A local TV weatherman is checking to see if it is some kind of record for lowest 24 hour temperature flucation in the U.S.
cool.gif

Lauderdale in Fort Lauderdale

um.... are you serious? hahaha

Go ahead, rub it in....Make all us northerners suffer....that's ok...We see how you are...
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Its been in the 80s here for several days. Very odd weather for November but I'm enjoying it.
smile.gif
Kinda wierd to be sweating this late in the year.

Sunday was a record for here too:
High 90 degrees (saturday was 95, but thats too hot
tounge.gif
)
Low 63 degrees
Humidity: 68% in day, dew point 75? humidity 93% at night, dew point 60 degrees
to me that is perfect!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

That might be the highest temperature fluctuation for that day
tounge.gif

Here in Western Washington the high temps are in the 40's F and the lows near 20 F. Perfect for my outdoor temperate CP's!!

Wow! It never gets that low here in Florida. It is still hot here, though fall is in the air! *sniff, sniff* This means my Neps are getting MUCH less light. I can't wait till spring again.

SF

Wow lauderdale! Only 3 degrees difference in the high and low temps. That is very strange!! I don't know what the record is for the least temp. change in 24 hours but i do know what the greatest is. It was in Montana, and they went from +44 deg. F to -56 on Jan. 23 and 24, 1916. That's a 100 degree change!! Also, the most abrupt change was in S. Dakota and they went from -4 to +45 deg. F in TWO minutes !!! Now that's crazy!!

-buckeye

I HATE this weather. I'm in Richmond, and since they turned the AC off in my dorm all the heat just means suffering for me. Ugh...
sad.gif

Just thank (insert deity here) that temps will start to go back to normal in the next few days.

That information, 80/83, came from both channel 10 and channel 4 weathermen, so I assume it is correct.
Buckeye, +45 to -56 is insane.  It could also be very dangerous.  Imagine starting out Pheasant hunting in relatively light clothing and then freezing to death.  I'm not sure my old 12 guage would even function at -56...and I darn sure don't want to find out.
ghostface.gif

From nice and warm Fort Lauderdale.....

Back