What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will survive?

So I just received a plant order today (not from pft) that had gone missing in the mail. The post mark on the box is Sept 25th. Now to add to the situation we have had a couple nights in the past two weeks hit freezing.

So for the fun of it post your predictions of which (if any) will come back to life.  I will post a update if they died or started growing.

N.bicalcarata 'red' (This one hurt me the most... sigh)
bical_red.jpg

Dionaea 'red dragon'
vftroyalred.jpg

P.planifolia
pplanif.jpg

P.primuliflora
pping.jpg

Well you're pings have a good chance at surviving, but the others are gone.
I think I would go to the post office and go postal on the postal workers.
mad.gif

The Pings look good (so to speak), and maybe the red dragon will make it. I am not sure about the nep though
ghostface.gif
. I would plant all of them, you never know!

Cole

the pings have a good chnace of survivng , the vft might surive but i'm sure your nep uis a gonner as neps surivive in there leaves and those leves don't looks too good at all .good luck and i agree with ozzy , go postal on the box pacaging #####
mad.gif

ah, so these are the late plants you where talking to me about
tounge.gif
. i will place my bets on p. primufolia. if your green dragon still has a living bulb, then that will live too. im not sure on the other ping, and your bical, sadly, is dead. Zongyi

The nep is well... Dead. The green dragon might live, might live. The primuliflora will probalby live. And the planifolia might live.

I think the only one that has a chance of making it is the P. Primuliflora. The others look too far gone.... But hey, I've rescued some plants from Lowes that looked like that and they came back!

SF

I'm sorry Goldtrap but I had to edit out your "cussing". You know better. I do agree with you though.
biggrin.gif

I agree that the pings should make it. I think the nep and vft are gone though. Seedling, have you contacted the nursery that sold them?? I think most have a guarantee of safe arrival, even if it's the post office's fault.

-buckeye

I agree with all the above, but DON'T give up on the nep. Yes, it looks bad, but you never know. I've had some come back from pretty ugly shape.

Capslock

So here are the results!

P.primuliflora & Dionaea 'red dragon' both have new growth! The N.bicalcarata 'Red Flush' & Pinguicula planifolia are dead 8(.

Here is some thing that amazed me: There where a couple of other pings that had completely disintegrated, they had no leafs just a few small roots left. There was also a completely blackened and dried out D.nidiformis. I had, just for the heck of it tossed all of the above into a pot and covered them lightly with standard cp mix. Well low and behold! 10 days later there is life!

backfromdead.jpg

Back