What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fullerton greenhouse complex

mad.gif
it got torn down or replaced. probably some people already knew this, but its just a message for everyone who didn't I went there today, this really really is sucky news, the bog is out of the game first, and now the greenhouse. Fullerton lost all of its cps!!!
mad.gif

mad.gif

perhaps they had some at the arboretum plant sales. I didn't look.

That's horrible. I wish I could locate my portable camera, which I took pictures of the plants there.

I guess all the cps are at the Huntington now.

I contacted Leo Song. Leo replied, "No, our greenhouses haven't been torn down...yet. They'll probably be here for some time after I retire next September. There are some plans for the area that I will be seeing on Monday. Should be interesting. However, this is no longer my concern as the new faculty will now have to make the decision to use the area as they see fit. This is why I'm moving my CP to the new Huntington Botanical Education Center. I plan to devote most of my future efforts with plants there. The Huntington's older set of greenhouses have already been torn down to make way for a new gallery. They definitely were very long in tooth. Perhaps these are the
ones you heard about."

I can assure you the Fullerton Greenhouse has not been torn down, and there are still plenty of CP's in there. That reminds me, I should go pay Leo a visit.
smile.gif

Larry,

Let me know if you see a non-spotted form of N. alata.
smile.gif

Back