What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strange thing...

two of my sundews both have lids over there pots and i have noticed little nat type bugs being stuck in the dew.... where the heck are they coming from? the plant is happy - free food- haha

They are probably fungus gnats and come up from the soil. Thank goodness the dews got them!

hmmm i see
smile.gif
thanks

If they are the ones that I gave you, they are fungus gnats. All my plants have them. I've never seen any harm at all, unless you're the gnat, lol. Just keep them away from seedlings. They should be more of a bennifit than harm to established plants.

alright thanks guys- they are gone as of now - mark its not the ones you gave me its the Lowes sundews.

Jeff

hey i got fungus nats and my dews catch them but they alwways leave behind some white looking hair stuff

Sounds like fungus growing on the bug carcass. I only had this problem when my dews managed to snag a large fly or my humidity was high like in my terrarium.

smile.gif

BCK

Do you mean on the soil or on the leaf? If its on the soil it could be the secretion the larva give off!
tounge.gif

saw them flying around inside the lid then they were stuck on the dew
smile.gif

Back