What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seattle/Tacoma CP fans

• Thread starter trashcan
  • Start date
Anyone interested in a N. x. wrigleyana?

c'mon trashcan, the bicals dont look that bad. Did something happen to them? I remember (i think it was you) posted a picture of a PITCHER one of them had. and that one on the bottom has TWO pitchers.

They don't look terrible, but they should definitely be much bigger... I have had them for about a year. The edges of the leaves are fried on of them too from a humidity drop while I was moving in a new plant.

Hey,
    N. x wrigleyana? Temps? So lets see, we have:

Trashcan
Brisco225
Sarracenialuver (me)
Homer
Unknownclown  

Thats all the people who have notified themselves. I know that there's Finnishkid, Purp-guy, and I believe Kayaker. When we get a few more people we should setup some meetings or something, I see it now... WWCPS western Washington Carnivorous Plants Society. Karen Oudean would probably meet up and bring plants for sale. So would The Indoor Sun Shoppe. I'll email them,
                         Kevin

Hey,
     Moving back up....Karen e-mailed em back,

Hi Kevin,
I will not be able to go to Seattle for a while,  but I would be glad to host some meetings at the nursery and give a club discount on plants.
Karen Oudean

Sounds good to me. So, we should start something!!
                                 Kevin

Sarracenialuver, I don't know what temperatures would be ideal for the wrigleyana, because I don't know the parents off the top of my head. But its being grown as a houseplant, and is doing ok.. growing but not pitchering.

Karen.. of Snohomish?!! That's quite a drive...
Hope its sometime soon, I'm leaving for vacation Dec 15th.

Pat

Hey,
I highly doubt in the next 15 days, but, how long is your vacation?
Kevin

Only until Jan 5th...

Would anyone be interested in taking care of my highland plants for a few weeks? They need iced water or some other method of cooling at night, and they are in a terrarium.

Pat

Hey,
Hmmm, I can't...sorry. Brisco or Homer probably could.
Kevin

Hey,
Brisco, where is Windmill nursery located? Trashcan, any luck with help while your going to be done gone? Thanks,
Kevin

Nope
sad.gif

Kevin, Windmill Nursery is located in Sumner. If you take the road past the highschool (I think it is Main), and keep going toward the Sumner-Lake Tapps Highway, it will be on your left. If you get to the Sumner-Tapps Highway, you have gone too far.

Hey,
Good news, I will be at the Wind Mill nursery tomorrow (saturday) but unsure what time. Most likely around 2 or 3. So Trashcan, Brisco, Homer, and anybody near, come on down, I will post info later on times. Thanks,
Kevin

Yes, starting a club would be fine with me. The question is, who's gonna be the mover and shaker and get this thing going?

-homer

Hello,
I live in the Seattle area and go to school at Seattle Central Community College.  Monkey1st and I have started a small collection at the greenhouse of SCCC.  We have a small variety of carnies if you would like to come ceck them out.  Any advice would also be great, just leave a note on the carnie shelves or write me a message here too.
If you have any extra terrariums that you don't want (that are in good shape) please feel free to donate them to the school.  
Unfortunately we do not have a lot of space available right now, but the school is in the process of building a new math and sciences building that is supposed to have a larger greenhouse/coservatory.  I have no idea how large they are going to make it, but hopfuly it will be in addition to the greenhouse already available.
The greenhouse is on the 5th floor of the main building and is open 9 or 10 am to 5 pm I believe.  Not positive on the hours, but is open to the public in the day on weekdays.
Again any Questions, Comments or Complaints greatly appreciated.
wink.gif

What kind of greenhouse is? (what temps, humidity?)

And, yes, I do have a bunch of terrariums- what size do you want - will you accept. I have some smaller ones that I will be basically throwing away, and maybe one larger one that I could give away.

The greenhouse varies, not much control in temp. (mainly a warmhouse) not much control in humidity and in a dryer area of the greenhouse which is why I need more terrariums. Mainly for neps. I think I only need maybe three more.  A large one would be nice, but I'm not sure there is have enough space (what size?).  I'm ptretty sure I could find space for all of them though.

The cps I think are going to be moved for the summer. I was told to take home any cps that I want to survive the heat. I guess they are expecting most ofthe plants to die over the summer quarter. Thanx anyway.

Back