What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

solar eclipse

There will be a solar eclipse this Sunday (the 22nd).   This is the one not to watch directly, you can burn your retina - and that is definitely not a good thing.  I haven't been able to find out where the best viewing will be (through a filter, of course).  How about it, Andrew?  Will any of us be able to see it?  This also means a new moon which will be, coincidently, in the same sign as the sun - now moving into Sagittarius.  Sounds like a lively time.    
biggrin.gif

The total solar eclipse of 2003 November 23 will be visible only from Antarctica, but a partial eclipse will be visible over most of Australia and New Zealand.
I finally found the answer I was looking for, unfortunately, it looks like most of us here in this hemisphere will miss it - but our friends down under will be watching.  It will happen just the same whether we can see it or not.
Happy Sagittarius, everyone!    
laugh.gif

Yeah, I saw this topic and I'm like, "WHAT SOLAR ECLISPE?!!"

Dang... no wonder I missed it
laugh.gif

Back