What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost packages?

Has anyone here ever lose any packages?  Because this is like the third or fourth package I've lost in the mail in the past three months.  First was some things ordered from a site and was lost in the mail.  Just a few  weeks ago Zongi sent me a packet of seeds and they never came, and just know another packet of seeds that was sent never came and it's been a little under a couple of weeks now...hope they come because they had alot of different species that I really wanted.
mad.gif

I've never had a packagelost in the mail, but I've had some that must have come the long way around 'cause they took 3 weeks from the time they were mailed, to get to me. I usually get things in 4 days or less.

smile.gif

BCK

This may be a mean thing to say - but do your neighbors rifle through your mail? We have a box on the sidewalk, our unscrupulous neighbors (mostly their kids) used to take my things all the time. Proof? My mom would have to go to their house to get back report cards, checks, comic books, etc. Usually opened/written on/damanged
mad.gif

One thing that may help is adding the extra four digits at the end of your zip code to your packages if you don't already. Each home has one, not sure about apts, etc. It's specifically is for your house, not just your neighborhood and cuts down on mailperson's error.

Things "lost" in the mail: both presidential absentee ballots, star wars x-wing 1/2 from Wizard comics, various cereal sample boxes, 4 plant shipments, 2 amazon.com packages (luckily amazon will resend these), 4 report cards, 10+ checks, billions of bills, 2 college rejection letters, 1 package of sea monkeys, various magazines (except for National Geographic, I guess only I like that), lots of credit card offers, 15+ personal letters (thank god for email), and... much more!

i lost some amorphophallus paeoniifolius bulbs along time ago that my frined sent me from indonesia and i probably lost a shipment of lithops or the guy probably did'nt want to give em to me .

my seeds never came? what did i send you? i will send them again. man, you gotta tell me these things, its good to complain
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

I send and receive tons of packages (I send about 3 to 4 a week) and have never had even one get lost

thanks
-Jeremiah-

ven`t lost a package before,but the plants I sent Wickedthistle got "searched" and destroyed!
sad.gif
:angry:

Pond Boy:

What plants did you send and who destroyed them?

a few years ago someone sent me some Holly seeds.
they arrived literally one year later!
all moldy and icky and runied..
the package had obviously been opened at some point,
it was taped back up..

I suspect that in our post-911 world, letters that have mysterious bulges (like seed packets) get set aside for "investigation"..but because there is SO much mail, and so few people to inspect things, they get tossed into giant piles for investigation, and then sit there for all eternty, never to be seen again..
thats my conspiracy theory!
biggrin.gif
sad.gif

I usually ship plants via priority mail and haven't had any problems. I have learned from other plant traders that spending the extra 45 cents for a "Delivery Confirmation" really helps to make sure it gets to its destination.

When sending seeds, I use padded envelopes. When I have recieved seeds from people that arrived in regular envelopes - sometimes they're crushed.

WildBill

I have an expected package in limbo right now. Hope is dying.

Oh, the package was mauled by the post office. And it's not the first. I'm talkin' about holes ripped into it, dripping water, mushy plants and dead aquatic snails. Arrive in a complimentary plastic bag with the message about the PO machines sometimes having trouble sorting packages. All very sad. Some of the plants did survive. I talk about in in the freshwater aquarium section.

I have had magazines stolen out of my mail, and had some packages that I have sent, and was scheduled to recieve never get there. it's rare (except for the magazine theft.)

comes with living in an apartment I guess.

I've had expensive aquariums mailed from Japan ruined. And because I couldn't prove how much they were worth, the post office refused to give any kind of refund. Of course I had $1000 insurance in the two...
mad.gif

Back