What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nationalgeographic artical on CP's

• Thread starter enoc22
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
Hello everybody
I was looking around in my national geographic colection(wich was about 600 issues)before it went to the thrift store(and probebly to the dumster) and i found an article on Cp's
i think it was published aroung 1960 or 1970 i can rember
it real qite neet first it tells a little about the Cp's and then shows some Color pictures and it even has shows a line of photos of a VFT sprouting from seed
it also talk a bit about growing them in tereriums and has a coulple pictures of that as whell
i don'y know if i can find it again but if i can i will se if i can scan it in
Just THOUGHT you might be interested
LMK
Oliver
P.S. Have a nice thanksgiving

ugh, i have a large collection of the NG, but my collection from the 60s to 70s are pocketed with left out books. if you ever find it, can i purchase it or trade it for something (like cps)? thanks. Zongyi

You can get all the back issues on CD now. Takes up a lot less room and is a whole lot easier to do a search for information.

smile.gif

BCK

National Geographic Vol. 175, No. 5 (May 1989) has an excellent article on the tepuis, 'Venezuela's Islands in Time'. It has some awe-inspiring landscape photography and some good CP photos too; Heliamphora tatei, Drosera roraimae and Brocchinea reducta. It is well worth searching through your back issues to find, or rummageing around in thrift stores for.

I don't know the 60s-70s CP article, but I would be interested in knowing the Volume, No. and date if anyone knows.

Cheers

Vic

wow, your right vic. after looking through my collection, i found it. the book has pretty good pics. thanks for the info on that. Zongyi
smile.gif

I have that issue! unfortunately half of the pics were ripped out!
sad.gif

I only have about 100 ng mags..
recently I got the whole collection on cd, i looked up every article on cps, unfortunately one of their first ones encouraged wild collecting...

Back