What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

water produced from mister

• Thread starter wezx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    tap
hey i use tap water for my mister and i was wondering if mist made by mist makers are ok for cps... it is something like steam right?

It is risky as you may run into problems the tap water getting into soil. Plus the tap water from the mister will leave water stains after awhile. I would sugjest disdilled water.

Travis

thx
distilled water is quite expensive here in singapore

No, it's not like steam.  Steam is caused by water that is heated to suck a point that it boils and only the water can become airborne. Minerals and such stay in whatever the water is being boiled in.
In a misting situation anything that is in the water is being forced through a small hole and forces water and everthing in the water to become airborne in smaller particles making it a mist.
So, no.  I wouldn't say it is ok for cps.
Andrew

How about the fog frrom and ultra sonic fogger thing
Oliver

If I remember correctly these using soundwaves to disturb the surface making the fog also makes the impurities become airborne. Again, I wouldn't recomend it. I know using water other than pure water will also damage the fog maker over time.
Andrew

ok
thats what i use now(and now the water container is growing moss
biggrin.gif

but it's neet
i used to use tap water but i would have to change the disk every month and they cost like $5 each
anyways
later Dudes
wink.gif

Oliver

As in mister are you reffering to an actual water pump with a mister nozzle or a fogging device like an ultrasonic humidifier? If you're talking about either, no water that comes out of them (if you're using tap which you are) is NOT safe for CP's. If you are usuing it you might as well water with you tap. If you want to make your own distilled water you could boil some and make some condensor coils out of copper tubing, it's a bit of hassle but safe....just an idea.

I think wezx is talking about the ultrasonic fogger that is commonly available here in Singapore. It is fairly easy to find here because it is widely used here for Feng Shui!
biggrin.gif

Yes, it is important to get the yin and yang energy balanced so that your CPs grows up strong and healthy. I personally recommend growing your CPs in the north-east direction if they germinated during the year of the Dragon or Pig.
laugh.gif

Personally, I use RO water so that the disc in the ultrasonic fogger does not need to be changed so often.

If it is the fog you wanted to collect from the ultrasonic disc, then no, that is not safe UNLESS it's distilled or RO water.

Gugin, yes if you use distilled or RO in conjunction with the operation of your ultrasonic nebulizer then it will last almost indefinetly. I have had no problems with mine and have had it about 2 going on 3 years now.

Back