What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone work on cars here?

• Thread starter jeffsz28
  • Start date
any update on this?

peace,
tech...

Thanks nick - well i turned the motor over by hand so its still good, all fuses are good - i give up
sad.gif
looked for the safety switch under the car nothing. might be in the shifter colum?

i think the timming is bad on the car- maybe the chain went off track or broke - will have to look tomorrow. guy i talked to told me the car acts like mine right before the timming goes out.

Well I am confused on the problem... your talking about many different things here that don't have a whole lot to do with each other.

I thought the issue was getting the engine to crank over?  But now it sounds like your talking about a problem of getting it to fire???

You need to describe exactly what is happening from the moment you turn the key. What is and isn't happening like it should.

when i turn the key nothing happens..

Do you hear a click or just nothing at all when you turn the key?

Do the headlights come on nice and bright?
If so, do they stay nice and bright when you turn the key?

Have you tried jumping it with another car?

Tony

i talked to a guy i work with about the relay. he said that, indeed, there is no, underhood fusebox. the only fusebox/relay center is located under the dash, in the driver's side foot well. i am still thinking that you may want to check the relay for the starter.

fyi: he also said that getting to the relays is a pita!

peace,
technoracer

throwing in the towel - i have no clue why the motor won't turn over. starter turns over -all the wires to the starter are tight and clean- all battery wires/ grounds are good, fuses are good. maybe it never was the starter maybe fuel related? but the fuel pump comes on i can here it. dropping it off at a shop tomorrow...

Well let us know what the problem is.

If the starter turns, then the engine should turn. If the engine doesn't turn, then there is most likely something mechanical wrong with the engine.

If you cannot get it to fire, but the engine rotates, it maybe the ignition coil, distributor cap and rotor that is keeping it from firing.

i will let ya guys know - thanks

Back