What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"We got him"

• Thread starter buckeye
  • Start date
I don't know if everyone's seen the news yet but we have captured Saddam. He was hiding in a small hole in the ground called a "spider hole" outside a farmhouse in Tikrit. This is huge obviously, and maybe now the attacks on our soldiers in Iraq will slow down.

-buckeye

FOR REAL???    Sweeeett...    *turns on tv to watch news*
Andrew

Yep,
I was considering posting this, but I didn't want to be the starter of any of these political topics... But this is great news, isn't it?
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif
unclesam.gif
unclesam.gif

Airplane ticket    $800 dollars
Food and Hotel   $200 dollars
Clothing            $50   dollars
Bullet Proof Vest $150
Having a chance to slap Saddam priceless  
unclesam.gif

Congrats to all the people in IRAQ for fighting for our freedom.

Travis  
smile.gif

I know there will be trials and such for him, but everyone knows he is going to get a ticket to the underworld.
ghostface.gif

Yes, great news indeed! Hopefully everyone in Iraq can now take a deep sigh of relief.

-Homer

I dont think they should give him the death penalty. I think life in prison would be alot worse. Not a prison with Cable TV and the internet, a REAL prison.

oh how cares, the really big new is that Keiko (free Willy) is dead !
sad.gif

oh...
orcas are cool

so they caught the guy, huh

Cool ! , finally , they caught that horrible monster . Now they need to catch bin ladin and the whole world will be much happier
smile.gif
 . I was planning on making an anti terrorist play for my school about saddam and bin ladin , a dark comedy mocking the 2 dictators , but i've been too busy and lazy to write the script and also I don't think most viewers would take it too well . What great news though , if they don't do the death penalty to him , at least they should make a show where they torcher him for the suffering of innocent people . If they do do the death penalty to him then i'm sure the devil has a nice size pineapple to shove up his butt just like Hitler in the movie : Little Nickie

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 14 2003,12:52)]I dont think they should give him the death penalty. I think life in prison would be alot worse. Not a prison with Cable TV and the internet, a REAL prison.
It's my impression from what I have seen on TV that our worst jail facilities are luxury suites compared to jails overseas.

I'd like to think that things will start looking up in Iraq because of this, but they won't.  There is a lot of things yet to be done over there.  Catching Saddam is a nice start though
laugh.gif

Great news, I`ve been waiting a long time. I`m sure the Dixie Chicks are disappointed in his capture.

Seems putting him in jail would better his living conditions by far over some of those he's been cowering in for the last months, poor guy.

But yeah, I'm glad he's caught. YAY!! Is he going to be charged in an international court for war crimes or what? I'm surprised he didn't commit suicide upon capture. He has little chance of long-term survival of the judiciary system, and the humiliation etc. would be quite hard for anyone to take.

He is going to be charged with
war crimes
murders
mass torture
treason
misappropriation of goverment money
theft of Iraq's treasures
assassinations
conspiracy to commit assassination

This is to begin with. He is also being tried under Iraq law, not US law. I think this is appropriate

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Dec. 14 2003,15:58)]It's my impression from what I have seen on TV that our worst jail facilities are luxury suites compared to jails overseas.
Why don't we make a nice place for him in Alcatraz
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goldtrap2690 @ Dec. 14 2003,19:26)]Why don't we make a nice place for him in Alcatraz  
laugh.gif
Because our prison guards aren't allowed to use torture to get information heheheheheh
laugh.gif
!

See I do have a mean streak!
mad.gif

mad.gif

BCK

I'm not surprised he didn't commit suicide since he is a huge coward. And I too think it's very appropriate for him to be tried under Iraqi law. He's lucky he isn't going to be tried the same way that he has "tried" other Iraqis or he would have been shot and killed on the spot. Saddam is an evil, evil man and has killed millions. Iraq and the world will be a better place when he's gone for good.

-buckeye

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buckeye @ Dec. 14 2003,19:52)]He's lucky he isn't going to be tried the same way that he has "tried" other Iraqis or he would have been shot and killed on the spot.
I said exactly the same thing this morning...  

This evening at dinner, my folks brought up an interesting point about that I hadn't thought about...  If he is simply executed on sight, he becomes a martyr. Thats the last thing we want. In enough Arab eyes we are nothing more than   'evil Western infadels who bring murder and destruction to the Arab world' We already have his followers running suicide bombs into our troops (I believe the death toll for U.S. troops since the end of active warfare is 190+), we certainly dont want to add to the fire. Let him be tried in Iraq, right in front of the entire population and let THEM decide what to do with him..   If they decide to execute him then nobody can blame us.  

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Dec. 14 2003,21:56)]Because our prison guards aren't allowed to use torture to get information heheheheheh
laugh.gif
!
When interrogating people like Saddam and not letting him sleep for endless hours that could be a form of torture. The US has there ways...tee hee

Traivs

Back