What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

31*F

hey guys,
It looks like I had a little problem last night.  The heater I use has this safety thing where when you knock it, it will shut off.  Well, somebody knocked it and in got down to 31F.  There was no frost or feeze in the gh.  The plants I have in it are Mexican Pings, Lowland Neps, rosetted Droseras and Heliamphoras.  You think these will make it?

Mike

They might be a little burned, but I think they will make it. As long as it wasn't prolonged over a period of several days they should pull through. Cheer up, accidents happen to the best of us!
wink.gif

SF

They should be OK. Remember me and my heater incident? *shudder* 15F in mine....All drosera survived, and temperate plants. Nepenthes were lost which did not surprize me. The Drosera Pings and Heliamphora should be fine. The lowland Nepenthes will probably show some leaf damage, but since you mention no frost was present they should be ok.

I agree. I think you're plants will be fine.
smile.gif

I also agree! Last night I forgot to cover my water lettuce (from s.africa) And this morning they were severly burned but it didn`t affect the crown so they will pull through.:)

they'll come back , but i would be a lil worried about the lowland neps .

Back