What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post pics of your cp oddities!

Hi all,

I think a fun topic would be to post odd cp behavior! Double vft traps, funky leaves, plantlets from your utric flowerstems, etc.

Here's mine. It's a capensis 'alba' flower stalk. The three flower buds at the end are very odd - the sepals? have turned into capensis leaves, complete with dew! I can't wait to see if they continue growing.

alba_oddity.jpg

cool!
wow.gif
I dont have any real weird plant mutations

Here's my genetic mutant Nepenthes x "Home Depot". It has been producing lidless traps (with a wierd stem where the lid oughta be.) In addition, it has a freakish multiple growth point. It's like there are five or six of them side by side:

N.%20x%20Home%20Depot3.JPG

I keep this guy around just to see what it's going to do next! In addition, it's a pretty robust grower, with a LOT of pitchers, so what the heck!

Capslock

Capslock,

I think Arie had a clone of N. x ventrata that did a similar thing (the deformed looking pitchers). You might try and contact him to see if he ever figured out if it was the plant or the conditions.

See ya,
Pat

Edit: Did I mention this before? I may be going crazy.

I've got several pygmy sundews that have two traps on one leaf. To bad I don't have access to a digital camera though...

Back