What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music

????? Neither Mom nor I ever said we hated new Country.. if she and I love Kenny, then she and I love new Country. *smiles* Simple enough now?

Well nevermind.. I just read that first post fifteen more times and it finally makes sense to me
biggrin.gif

Simple symbol of my blondeness..

Whew.. anywho.. oh, and no, I don't think you're a hypocrite just because of that. I'm not like that. I mean, I find it extremely hard to form a friendship or bond with someone who hates Country, and it has never worked. It just won't work. But you like Country, so that's good. It doesn't matter that you like John Mellencamp too. I mean, I truthfully am definitely not a Mellencamp fan. Something about him I just don't like. But that doesn't mean I think you're a hypocrite. I mean, my mom is a huge rock fan, especially Def Leopard. But now I get the vibe that she is a even bigger Kenny Chesney fan, and that scores huge points with me, so it's all relative!
cool.gif

I like anything political (Anti-Flag, NOFX, Propagandhi, etc. (not anarcho-punk though)). I also like bands like Weezer and The Weakerthans. No teeny-bopping music, that's for sure. I love Iggy Pop (+ the stooges), Velvet Underground, The Ramones, the Clash. As for Japanese music, I only like X-japan, hide (pronounced hee-day), and zilch (all bands with hide in them). Jazz is cool...

Hey Shokuchuu - how do you know those pre-punk / new wave bands? They're way before your time. I am fond of them as well - especially the clas & Ramones. Love I Wanna Be Sedated & Train In Vain.

FTG: How can you not like John Cougar Mellanhead? One of my favorite singers of all time.

Well, Jimscott, I figured I had to find the roots of the music I listen to in order to understand why and how it surfaced.  Also, the people I hang around with and myself are not the mainstream children.  "Please Kill Me" is a great book to read to learn about all the underground people in the 70's.  It's kind of like Jazz, it's always new.
I'd like to add that I despise "pop-music" (don't know what's so popular about it) with songs 10 seconds long that repeat themselves over and over again (no riffs, no bridges) for 10 minutes...

Hey Shok - How 'bout Lou Reed?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 18 2004,00:59)]Hey Shok - How 'bout Lou Reed?
Gotta love the guy...
Like I said before, I don't like mainstream, corporate music/media (i.e. britney spears & co, linkin park & co., etc). These are usually the bands on "M"TV.

Wow! this topic is great for me cause i love music
biggrin.gif
I like pretty much everything! My fave- is trance Hardcore .happy-kore and drum and bass for bands i love Orgy and Linkin Park

(( EC ))

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Electric Carnivores @ Feb. 18 2004,17:23)]Wow! this topic is great for me cause i love music
biggrin.gif
I like pretty much everything!                                   (( EC ))
Even pop and rap ?
wink.gif

Pondboy and flytrapgurl, stop firting! and right near valentines day.... eck
tounge.gif
wow.gif
tounge.gif
lol

to tell you guys the truth i dont listen to music........ 99% of the people you guys all listed i have never heard of....
wow.gif

i do like blink 182 though

flytrapgurl, i like kenny chesney!
wink.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>NOT!</span>

lol, i have never even heard him sing, and i have no idea who he is...

tounge.gif

i could imagine alot of you guys doing this:

music-smiley-014.gif
lol

this is what rap music is about:
violent-smiley-010.gif

Where do you guys come up with these moving characters?

Spec, how on holy earth did you take it upon yourself to say we were FLIRTING???

O_O

*stares at Spec weird*

You guys are weird..

Anywho... GUESS WHAAAAT!!! CMT!!! THIS WEEKEND!!! KENNY CHESNEY WEEKEND!!! YEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! *runs through the house screeching*

It'll be a very good weekend for moi!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 19 2004,16:22)]Where do you guys come up with these moving characters?
Jim,
There are websites devoted to nothing but smileys. Spec started a post back in Jan. 2003 where there are links to a lot of these sites. Here's a link to that topic: More smileys Some of the links may not work but most of them should. Have fun!
unclesam.gif

smile.gif

BCK

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Feb. 19 2004,17:24)]this is what rap music is about:
violent-smiley-010.gif
That is why I love horror movies BABY!!! WOOOOO! A little bit of Geto Boys and NWA and some Mountain Dew I am straight...  
blues.gif

biggrin.gif
The rap playing on the radio sucks! Word.

Travis  
smile.gif

Thanks, Steve. I went to the post, but I have no idea how to get them from there to here
sad.gif

Back