What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amended Profiles & Character Length

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I want to amend my profile by adding a few things here and there and I can't seem to affect any changes. The program tells me that it has a certain allowable amount of characters (15 or 25) and that I have exceeded it. I exceeded the limits when I originally created the profile, but it allowed me then to do so. Also, the fields for these profile items (interests, signatures, etc... ) are large enough to accommodate far more than the allowable characters. How do I enable the email symbol to appear at the bottom of my post, along with profile, PM, and mail? Can the program be amended to expand what is allowable? Please help.

While we're addressing forum problems, the PM program has dropped Several messages that were sent to me. It also refuses to record anything in my sent items box.

May not be much help guys but:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 04 2004,15:36)].....The program tells me that it has a certain allowable amount of characters (15 or 25) and that I have exceeded it. I exceeded the limits when I originally created the profile, but it allowed me then to do so. Also, the fields for these profile items (interests, signatures, etc... ) are large enough to accommodate far more than the allowable characters.
This was done on the last "facelift" by Phil.  Not sure why, but think it was done to save space on the forum.  As long as you don't modify your interests, signature, etc.; if it was done prior to the last forum change, the new rules aren't imposed.  Once you try to change them, you are stuck with the new 15 or 25 character limit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 04 2004,15:36)]......How do I enable the email symbol to appear at the bottom of my post, along with profile, PM, and mail? Can the program be amended to expand what is allowable?
Your email buttom is the "Mail" button.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cynic81 @ Jan. 04 2004,15:40)]....the PM program...refuses to record anything in my sent items box.
Does it do this even when you have the box next to "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" checked?  If you preview your message after checking this box, you have to recheck it as it is unchecked when you preview your message.

smile.gif

BCK
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>edited 1-4-04 @ 18:08</span>

I was thinking that maybe I was confusing PM for my real email - the one where it says something about send.... an email. Anyways, can the program be tweaked a bit to allow more characters and our afterthought changes?

Back