What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions & Suggestions

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I can't remember, but does the topic of forum use automatically get channeled into the pathway of a new subscriber? If it doesn't, can it be considered? If it does, Never mind (shades of SNL). It might br helpful toward the end of avoiding the "reinvention of the wheel."  Also, could a sort of glossary be include that explains the commonly utilized phrases, acronyms, and terms? For example: moderators, SASE, PM... Is there a "mission statement?" Thank you.

Huh?
rock.gif

Could you say that in English ? , lol , j/k but i have no clue what u said .

Okay, let me rephrase my questions: When new people join the forum, could the site program automatically channel folks to the rules and regulations? And can the rules and regulations define some of our lingo, such as PM, SASE, the role of moderators, etc... so as to avoid some recurrent posts - like the ones I posted? For instance, I asked what a PM meant as well as SASE. I realize some questions will be reasked as the seasons change, like dormancy, propogation, identification, etc...

Ah.. yes. Currently it just displays our rules. I think it wouldn't be a problem to include a brief glossary of terminology unique to the forums. PM Rampuppy if you'd like to see it happen (he might miss this thread), he is one of the admins around here.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll send him a PM.

Back