What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

School is cancelled... again!

trashcan

O:-)
Wow! The first two days of school at my college have been cancelled because of weather (snow). I guess I have another day of Xbox Live to look forward to.
laugh.gif
Seriously though, it is scary trying to drive, all the roads are completely iced over.

smile.gif

Ah man, what bad luck you have!
biggrin.gif
Even if it snowed down here in South Florida, (a highly unlikely occurence) I'd still have to go to school. I'm homeschooled and all I have to do is get out of bed and head to the living room to get my books.
smile.gif

SF

Funny theres none here at all barely but I hear its comming north. Heck I dont know if I should to go to work or not the boss made an announcement yesterday not to risk it and of course its just starting to hit now, when I should be gettin ready to go to work. I think I'll wait and see what happens and just go in late
tounge.gif
heck its better than the kid and I getting stuck in it.

Lucky... Right now as I speak, I'm in class doing boring databases. By the way whats your Gametag for xbox live and what games do you play on live?

Well I'm stuck at work with NO SNOW.
sad.gif

Patrick...don't you miss me??
biggrin.gif
Now all you have to do all day is play that darn ol' Xbox. lol
wink.gif

SnowyFalcon,

How do you like home-schooling? How does it work? (i.e. who teaches you? Homework? Do you test at home or at a local school?)

I'm researching schooling options so I can prepare for my daughter (due in mid-April). It's a bit early, but I'd like to know costs of homeschooling and private schools (i.e. Montessouri etc.)

smile.gif

Len: My gamertag is brokenwatch. I only play Project Gotham Racing 2, although I have some other live games.. this is my fav
smile.gif

Plantakiss: Gee, you can send me a message once in a while, too.
wink.gif
Now that you have a yellow box, you think you're all important and can't talk to me anymore (and your friend is right, maybe you should see a doctor).

I was wondering about that. What does the yellow box mean? Is it a level of moderator?

SF

The yellow box means you have a warning. The moderators were testing out the "warn" feature, and poor plantakiss took the blunt of it. I think if you have two, you can't post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]SnowyFalcon,

How do you like home-schooling?

Great! I wouldn't want to do anything else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]

How does it work? (i.e. who teaches you?)

My Mom. She teaches me all the subjects, but she's especially good at math as she used to be a highschool math teacher. I also do some online courses for progamming, web design and stuff like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Homework? Do you test at home or at a local school?
I get no homework(yay!), nor is any really necessary. As long as I'm understanding the material, I just do the problems in the books. Testing is not necessary in the State of Florida. The laws differ per state (and per country) though, so you'll have to inquire into that. Our family does take a test every year, just to make sure we have records to prove that we are learning. This can include tests such as the CTBS, SAT (which I took this last year) and other tests that are the same as given in a public school.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm researching schooling options so I can prepare for my daughter (due in mid-April). It's a bit early, but I'd like to know costs of homeschooling and private schools (i.e. Montessouri etc.)

The cost of homeschooling is less than some private schools and more than public schools. Basically, homeschooling is going to cost you for books, and time. By time, I mean the fact that it will be almost impossible for you to have a job, and teach your children at the same time. This is not impossible, as their are classes taught via satellite by Bob Jones University, but education is a full time occupation in itself.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and I would be glad to answer whatever I can.

SF

Heya everyone:D
tounge.gif
smile.gif
I went back to school today! I thought it was going to be terrible:angry: But it turned out great:D

I wish work was closed and get paid time off for it... Enjoy, throw some snowballs for me Eh.

Travis
smile.gif

Wish it would snow here. Just last weekend it was in the mid and upper 60s, and today it is only to get up to the mid 20s! I hate Kentucky weather, soo unpredictable.

Hey,
I live like 15 miles away from Pat (Trashcan) and my high school has been closed, and probably will be closed till thursday, maybe friday. Unknown, you will get snow soon! Watching the news, theres a big yellow blob, followed my an area of green heading up the Lynwood ave.
wink.gif
. (The yellow blob is heavy snow, green is light)
Kevin

yeah its been here man I just got back from the store and dang the roads are icy! I felt like a darn speed demon passing everyone doin a whole whoppin 25 mph in a 45 zone. WHEEEEEEE
biggrin.gif

I tried to go pickup pizza. I should have realized that there was a reason they wouldn't deliver it to my house. I made it about 10 feet out of my apartment complex before I got stuck on a hill. Some kind people pushed me up the hill, but by the time I got over it - rain had frozen on windshield and completely blocked my line of sight. So I attempted to retreat home, and got stuck on the world's tiniest hill in my apt complex.. Ended up parking by the gate. Quite pathetic, really. Guess I need to invest in tire chains.
smile.gif

Back