What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Teaching Job

Hi All,

I started my new job teaching American and World History, Theatre, Religion in America and Economics at a small Episcopal High School. This is my first teaching gig since returning to school and getting certified. All I can say is that it was a bit overwhelming and very exciting. Luckily I have a long good friend as a mentor teacher right in the next room (she got me the job.) My main worry is that I have only had a few days to prepare for 6 courses (previous teacher left mid-year) but I plan on going slow and finding my way. Wish me luck. All I can say is that teaching is alot of work and judging from my kids, people underestimate kids! Some of our discussions today stunned me -- passionate and thoughtful.

Bobby

Congratulations and good luck!!! We definitely appreciate everyone who teaches!
biggrin.gif

-buckeye

Wow! Teaching religious studies at an Episcopal school. There's a lot going on there, these days! Very lively.

Much luck to you in the new job! As a parent I appreciate all that teachers did for my sons. (and for me many years ago) Educators are very special people indeed
smile.gif

Congratulations Bobby!  
smile.gif
 Sounds to me like you will make a good teacher.  It IS a hard job and under-appreciated.  I hope you make learning fun, interesting and challenging.  I'll bet you will enjoy the kids...they have fresh, hungry minds.  I'm sure you'll have your moments of frustration, but I hope you really enjoy it.  You'll be molding young minds!--How 'bout that!  
biggrin.gif
You will also have a chance to really make a positive difference in someone's life.

Congrats Bobby! Good for you, and good luck!

Hi All,

Thanks for the support. I am taking it all one day at a time. I started off thinking I would do all these things and now I see I need to go much slower -- for them and me! It's been fun so far and alot of work. There will be even more as I find ways to make the learning active and fun. Its amazing just how tall an order that is. My room is almost bare so I need plants and posters and maps. I'll let you know if something exciting happens.

Bobby

Back