What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know, I have a lot of CP cartoon and digatal image work that I have done over the last few years and I just got some more equipment for making them. Would anyone have any interest in me making a series of avatars for terraforums... would terraforums like any avatars or plantized smilies? Just thought I would check since I have so many cp characters standardised right now, inclueding a series I enterd in a contest and won with
smile.gif
They are already done in psudowatercolor and 3D computer graphics.

Yeah, I'd like to see some sundews! There weren't any on the avatar list.

Hi Darcie - I tried pulling some of the picture links. nice VFT. What type is it? The geocities sites weren't available to me, for some reason. Only the home.petfly.com came up. Maybe it's my Windows 98 pc?

The flytrap doesn't have a cultivar name, it's just a typical, but a very nice individual with all red traps.

The flytraps in this pic has a wierd color.
3vft.JPG

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 10 2004,17:05)]Hi Darcie - I tried pulling some of the picture links. nice VFT. What type is it? The geocities sites weren't available to me, for some reason. Only the home.petfly.com came up. Maybe it's my Windows 98 pc?
The problem is Geocities doesn't allow hyperlinking to their sites. The links do work if you copy and paste them into a new browser window, just not when you click on them from in here. That's also why Ozzy's posted image isn't working.

Steve

actually, the geocities problem isnt the link..cutting and pasting wont solve the problem..
yes its true geocities wont allow you to post an image directly into a forum, but the links should work..the reason they dont is..well..the reason is that geocities sucks..

If more that 2 or 3 people in one hour try to look at the same geocities image, or webpage, geocities will declare you "over the (bandwidth) limit" and lock your page..there is nothing you can do to view the page again except wait..even the owner!
thats why we cant see those geocities photos.."too many" people have tried to look at them, the account is locked..
I think it takes an hour or so..then if 2 people look again withinn 5 minutes, you get locked again!
(im exaggerating slightly!
wink.gif
 I dont know the actual limits..but its REALLY low..)

Geocities is about the worst webpage host ever..
its fine if you want to have one visitor a week..other than that, forget it..

and technically, posting links to your geocities photos in another forum (like this) can get your geocities account canceled outright, with no warning, losing all your content forever..because (in their eyes) you are violating one of their rules.."Using GeoCities for the sole purpose of storing files."
It has happened before..
like I said, Geocities sucks beyond belief..

Scot

Ok thats pretty much what you told me when I tried to use Geocities for my web hosting. I knew there was some sort of hit limit but I couldnt remember what it was. Im curious then why it let me see the pics when I copied into a new browser but not when I clicked the links directly.
rock.gif

Steve

Back