What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sphagnum moss

i was just wondering about the two kind of sphagnum moss the petflytrap carries. There seemed to be 2 kind of them but they both have the same name but different price. Wat is the different between the 4.99 and the 3.99? Can both of be use for carnivorous plant??

Volume most likely. Hey cool, they have jiffy peat pellots now. Is that cause of all the fuss I made over them totally rocking for cps? I don't even buy bags of peat anymore
smile.gif
I just use the pellots.

Darcie, you beat me to the post on this one! I was in Lowes yesterday and saw those Jiffy peatpot domed things and was wondering if they can safely be used for CP's for Drosera gemmaes or seeds. Whaddya think? I used to use them to sprout pansies but wasn't successful in planting the seedlings outside. But maybe CP's would work better in the small cells.

I LUV the pellots. They work so great for seedling CPs. In fact, I have 4 baby sundew and 1 baby northern purple pitchure plant in mine right now... Just remember to acclamate them to lower humidity levels slowly by cracky the lid open when they start to get older.

Back