What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self-watering planters

I recently saw some self-watering pots and thought they would be a great idea for water-loving CP's. The planter is a pot within a pot. The outside pot is completely glazed and watrproof. The inside pot is only partially glazed to allow water to permeate through. Just add the water in the outer pot and set the inside one into the water. Does anyone know anything about these planters? Are they good or are they bad for my CP's?
blues.gif

I believe I've seen something about these self-watering pots a while back... If I remember corectly, there aren't useable for cp's. I'm not sure though.

Self watering pot systems are designed for houseplants which prefer moist but not overly wet soil. These have a tendency to not keep the potting mix wet enough for many CPs! The tray system is self watering if you think about it. The tray of water is a reservoir from which the pot draws water as needed.

Tony

there type of pots are emant for plants such as african violets not cps so there not gonna work very well at all unless you plant on using for planst such as nepenthes or planst that don't really need water trays .

Back