What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

back to cali

G

Well, i guess i haveto move all the way back to cali again. ####. Anyway, I'm takin my plants with me this time (they will not be left to my mother to send
mad.gif
mad.gif
). Um, my dad is livin in an apartment now, and its pretty high up. Knowing this, i dont want to grow my neps outside this time. Should i get one of those 3 shelved plastic greenhouse stands, and just put a humidifier at the bottom to humidify and cool the chamber at night? I'm growin mostly highlands. What sizes do theese things come in? How much? I'm lookin for sumptn like dis http://home.petflytrap.com/mijako/images/Miscellaneous/Greenhouse.bmp

Like i said, i want to use my cool mist humidifier with it (hoipefuly that will get it down near 60s at night), and i want to use my flourecent lights with it (they are over 2' long). Will this work. Need help, im movin sat
biggrin.gif
!

THATS OKAY
biggrin.gif
California is a wonderful place!!
blues.gif
Better keep a low profile. jk
-The Cap

Help
sad.gif
?

What city are you moving to? The humidifier may not cool depending where you're at. If I had mine outside in the summer in the day it would probably turn to steam and cook everything! But meanwhile at night, I have lowland/sorta highland drops in temps naturally. You might actually need a small fan and hole up top for the heat to escape during warm periods. A $5 computer fan spliced to a regular plug should do the trick. Check Weather.com . Us CA folks need more info about your area because we have so many microclimates!

Im just talking about gettin an indoor mini greenhouse thing. I want to use the humidifier to cool it, and i need to know what the best deals for one of theese are. I live somewhat near the coast, mission valley area. Usualy stays pretty humid, and generaly suitable for simple outdoor nep growing. I'm movin tonight
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
, so help is apreciated. thanks.

I use to live in the college area of sd. I lived there and in escondido. My wife worked at claim jumper in la mesa and in carmel valley. Mission valley huh? EXPENSIVE part of sd to live, of course there are no "cheap" places there to live. Have fun, I hated cali, too many people, all grumpy and traffic was a real bummer. I LOVE my six acres and house in va, but good luck out there!

My goodness, Claimjumper is my FAVORITE restaurant! Anyway, I use the smaller "mist maker" one on this site http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html It's the third one down. You may want a larger one depending on how large of a setup you have - I only have a 10 gal. Grab a cheap computer fan and hook it up, it'll cool down your greenhouse and help the mist get around.

Yeah, Cali sucks, people here are mean
wink.gif

Yeah i was at a video game store this dude was treating me like if i was like an idiot. For no real reason just that i was wait in line behind him...
mad.gif
I wanted to punch him sooo bad.

Actually, I could say I had a really bad experience in N. Carolina at the airport and plane. At least people in cali are the most accepting of other 'types' of people. I'll leave it at that.

Oh cmon.. Cali is great.. Ive lived all over the country from the snow and mountains of Colorado to the desert of Arizona.. the heat and oppressive humidity of Florida.. cold and snow in Kentucky cold and snow in Michigain.. you can have it... California is the best of the lot. Sure its expensive.. and if you can get past the bad drivers and the majority of the population with IQs lower than room temperature theres not a whole lot left not to like.

Cheers
Steve

The second type would be me. . . at Mammoth during the winter
tounge.gif

I dont know if its because im afro american or what, but I like cali a whole lot
biggrin.gif
. Nobody has ever really been rude to me, but most say hi and are pretty polite. Everyones a friend
biggrin.gif
. I guess its an issue based on looks... Anyway, thanks for the help. Do you know where i can get a cheap one of those shelved greenhouses for cheap? Please tell if you do.

All the people I know form cali are pretty cool...the best is this one girl I know who loves fishing and diving for abalone....and as soon as you go to a university you can always head for Texas!
laugh.gif

Nathaniel,
I thought you meant Cali, Columbia.  I have been there...the care and feeding of your Nepths would be the least of your worries.
biggrin.gif

30 or uinder for the  mini greenhouse.  Does anybody in this universe know where to find one?  I thought someone said they knew how to get one for 20 bucks
mad.gif
? Ozzy?

Back