What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being colorblind really takes away from life

I think that Copper meant what order each side of the intersection gets to go in. Like North and South are green, East and West are red. I may be wrong. Also, in Europe, the problem is solved because the lights turn yellow after red as well as before, in order to indicate that green is coming up. Supposedly this is partly because of the higher number of stick-shifts which Americans are generally too lazy to drive. The other more logical theory is that this was adapted from racing starts which goes back to dropping the clutch etc. Just a little tidbit from the other side of the Atlantic.
Ciao!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

I had a student who's colour blind. He didn't mention it until we were trying to pick some coloured paper for decoration.

He would see lilac as green and purple as fushia...so our clock in the classroom was always green and bright pink to him!
smile.gif
The funny part was when I asked him what colour my pants were that day..."Umm, green?", he said. I was wearing lilac! Considering that I have quite a few lilac and purple coloured tops, I must be looking like a clown to him all the time...
laugh.gif

Well, you dont miss out on much, so don't feel bad. Both those pics look great!
biggrin.gif
That site will be really helpful, my brother-in law is colorblind, so he could use that site
smile.gif

Back