What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Death Trap" video

I just ordered a video called "Death Trap" off Ebay which is a documentary on carnivorous plants, not a silly horror movie. I think it's produced by National Geographic but I'm not sure as I've just paid for the auction today and haven't seen the movie yet.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen it/owns it and if so, what species are covered and how long is it?

Thanks for any thoughts!
smile.gif

I've seen the video , i think it was made by some place called Nature Films ratehr then national goegraphic . Anyways , it was made during the 80's and is quite a good film . it about an hour long i believe , it covers the general carnivorous plants , vfts , sarrs , sundews , roridula , utricularia , aldrovanda and i think i saw nepenthes , cephalotus , and pinguicula .

I own that video,
it was made for the "Nature" series by Time-Life..
its visually very good! lots of great close-up video and time-lapse video..
but the soundtrack is SOOOO cheezy!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

really lame "ooooh look! scary plants!" music!
(it was made in 1984, which explains the music..)
very worth having though..its fun!
visually excellent..
Scot

Thanks guys! An hour sounds good!
smile.gif

That's ok if it's got silly music or even comical narrations (like I've seen on the Nat Geo channel show "built for the kill" I think it was) I just ordered it as a fun CP collectible.

Thanks again for the info on the film, can't wait to see it! Hopefully there's some good stuff on Neps!
smile.gif

Back