What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New York Botantical Gardens

• Thread starter eplants02
  • Start date
Hey all,
Has anybody visited it? If so, what CP do they have? Thanks.

Hey Eplants,
I've been there....they have a moderate collection. A few VFT's, D. capensis, adelaea, spatulata....Couple sars...don't remember which ones. Their best plants were all neps...I remember one particularly nice maxima, and there were a few other pretty good ones.

No, we haven't been there.  Is it in NYC?  If you're planning a trip you'll have to let us know how it is.  And, BTW...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   Another brilliant Aquarian.  Hope you're having a fine day.  
laugh.gif

I know the Rochester Botanical gardens are "ok" but thier CP are horrid except for the strangling Nepenthes. I did however like thier orchids and tropical flora section. The birds of paradise were ENORMOUS! I cannot belive how in the world do they get plants that big in a conservatory? Are they planted into the actual eartch beneath the structure?

Hey all, I went to the New York Botanical Gardens on Saturday. Awesome place to visit. Like Dave said, they have an awesome collection of CP esp Nepenthes. Well here are the pictures.

WELL ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

121-2164_IMG.JPG

N. Ampullaria "Green" & N. Veitchii (right next to it). The pitchers on N. Ampullaria "Green are HUGE.

121-2167_IMG.JPG

A HUGE clump of S. Purpurea

121-2168_IMG.JPG

N. Raffelsiana

121-2170_IMG.JPG

N. Maxima (left) & N. Ventricosa (right)

Besides Maxima and Ventricosa, they aso had N. Gracilis, N. Ventricosa hanging.

121-2171_IMG.JPG

N. Fusca

121-2172_IMG.JPG

One of many stalks on N. Fusca (Male)

121-2173_IMG.JPG

A GIGANTIC ball of staghorn ferns

121-2176_IMG.JPG

N. Veitchii & N. Maxima

121-2174_IMG.JPG

The main CP terrarium. It housed the a few Nepenthes species including a few temperates such as Sarracenia, VFT and sundews. Also the tank is opened at the top.

Great pics, thanks for posting them. Where is this place?
rock.gif

Here are the rest:
There are some miscellaneous plants:
121-2187_IMG.JPG

The Orchid Chamber.

121-2188_IMG.JPG

If you at the picture closer, u could see the species of the orchid.

121-2185_IMG.JPG

121-2194_IMG.JPG

A Lithop species

As you may see by the pictures, most of the pitchers are dried up due to the lack of humidity (I hardly felt any).

Back