What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.Cheap webspace?

Can anyone out there recommend a cheap webhost that will allow me to store a heap (hundreds) of photos. I have hundreds of shots that I'd like to post on the forum but have no space left on my site to upload them. I won't be able to add any more photos until some space is found.
sad.gif

Thanks,

Sean.

May I ask how big the photos are (file size and resolution)?

You may be able to host them on my gallery site.

Sean,

I URGE <prod prod poke poke> that you take Trashcan up on his offer. You are a world resource. Your webspace should be free, guy not just cheap! If this doesn't work, contact me for some other ideas I might be able to help with.

Hi Trashcan,

They vary in size from 50K-150K depending upon whether the digital zoom has been used. Most are in the 50-60K range though. All are 640 X 480 DPI.

I have heard that there is space you can buy for around 10 dollars a month. I was wondering if anybody uses any such space and how reliable these servers are.

Sean.

My space is free with my internet service. (I have cable broadband through Comcast) I get 25 mb per name and I can have 7 names on the accound. I consider that pretty darn cheep considering it's fast. :) (about 40 bucks a month for the internet part)
Andrew

try www.crosswinds.net for 6.95. they are not reliable though, my website that was starting to get big and nice was deleted. everything lost. i didn't save them on my computer, so i ahve to start from scratch :'(

Hi Andrew,

The server that you use sounds perfect. I will be changing from dial-up to cable in the next couple of months when I move house. My current server only allows me 10mb which is well and truly used up.

I'll have to look into the service providers when I move.

Until then I'm desperate for some space to use. I don't think I can last 2 months not being able to post photos!!!

Sean.

Back