What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling for Community Support!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello folks

I am posting this here in an effort to reach more forum members than the FEW who visit the Conservation Station forum.

There is a proposal and discussion taking place on the Conservation forum regarding a National Sarracenia Collection which would help perpetuate and protect the biodiversity of our very own North American pitcher plants. This collection will ensure the plants remain in existence, can be restored to native areas when possible and provide rare plants to the CP community at more reasonable prices thus lowering profitability in poaching. There are MANY benefits to this project.

This project will need mass support and a lot of help to achieve. For all of you who think the destruction of natural habitat of our U.S. CPs is a terrible thing...now is the chance for you to DO something to protect our plants.

This topic is for newbies and experts alike. EVERYONE has a voice in this issue! And we need a lot of hands and very big hearts to get this ball rolling and keep it going to completion. We are talking years here.

Please...if you have ever felt "helpless to help"...this is your chance to do so!

It isn't enough to say "What a shame!" as we read the newspaper articles on the shrinking CP habitat. If we don't start ACTING now, the plants will be lost into extinction. PLEASE HELP stop this from happening.

I would like to ask you to take the time away from the "fun" stuff to read the NSC thread...and make your comments or at the very least, voice your support. This is a collection for THE PEOPLE...our nation...and we ALL count here.

Thank you!

Bumping this up

Thank you Finch!
smile.gif

No problem!
nature-smiley-014.gif

Whoops double post! sorry

Just one more bump. If anyone has not chimed in on the new National Collectionf forum, please do! All it takes is caring about the future of CPs in our world. Come check it out!

smile.gif

Nice that an effort is being made to preserve and replenish. and i have read the forum and i can/will contribute in any way needed.
-Steve S

Back