What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right Brain, Left Brain

• Thread starter Travis
  • Start date
This is one of the strangest things I have ever encountered.
Left brain, right brain.
While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the
floor and make clockwise circles.
Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.
Your foot will change direction and there's nothing you can do about it.
wink.gif

Travis
smile.gif

*tries*

AA!! Man, you're right... weird... and yet you can do that there just fine with your left hand and right foot or right hand and left foot.. o_O

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Feb. 20 2004,21:47)]*tries*

AA!! Man, you're right... weird... and yet you can do that there just fine with your left hand and right foot or right hand and left foot.. o_O
i must be retarded or something, then because i can't do it that way, either.
sad.gif

that is freaky, though. where on earth did you come up with this one, Travis?

I got it off an e-mail. Thought it was interesting and something simple for ppl to try. Really, turns out to be about impossible for me to do. Glad to see I am not thee only one having trouble. hehehehe
wow.gif

Travis

well, when you are looking at your finger and you make a six, seeing the motion of counter-clockwise makes you turn your foot around. try doing it while looking at your feet.
smile.gif
or, try twirling your finger counter-clockwise, then move your foot clockwise. the finger will turn.
ghostface.gif

That's pretty cool!!
biggrin.gif

-buckeye

Kind of like driving and seeing something interesting to one side and unconsciously steering in tha direction.

You should see this illusion :
optical%20illusion.jpg
enjoy
biggrin.gif

That wasn't difficult. I was able to disassociate myself from what it reads. What does that mean?

I did both of them quite easily... especially the first one, which everyone found rather interesting (I did too, when I made my little brother do it!), but being a drummer, it was no problem (4-way independence). Always love the brain tricks though!

That color thing doesn`t work on me I can read all of them quite easily.???

Lord that made me feel uncoordinated. lol If I kept my foot going, then the I started drawing the 6 backwards.
rock.gif

I could do the second one though. I just concentrated on the color and ignored the word.

Pretty cool though.

That's weird. I could do that with little problem. But that may be because I'm predominently left-handed. Though, I tried the thing in Goldtrap's post and could read that as well, making me more left brained (right-handed?). Bahhhhhhhhhhhh

HA! I can do it if I circle my foot really slowly, and draw the six slowly...However I won't vouch for my neatness! Must be all my ninja training.
tounge.gif

Well I am able do it slowly and that is about it. Well as for my ninja skills I need more training on my left side...
cool.gif

Well, all of a sudden, I can do it fine... even when I'm looking at my finger...
wow.gif

*stares blankly* Well, I guess I'm not as predictable as I thought...

Im a blkack belt in kahido karate also known as "the shining spirit way" unfortunately as soon as I became a black belt we moved,and thats when I would have gotten all free lessons!
sad.gif

it didn't work for me... to much Kung Fu training I think, we have to do stuff like this all the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Feb. 23 2004,14:20)]That's weird. I could do that with little problem. But that may be because I'm predominently left-handed. Though, I tried the thing in Goldtrap's post and could read that as well, making me more left brained (right-handed?). Bahhhhhhhhhhhh
You can exercise your week parts to make things more balanced. That is what happened with me, but I was so young when I started playing brain games that we don't know what my defalt was, lol
smile.gif

Back