What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the flip?!

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
I have no earthly idea how the flip I came across this.. but somehow I did...

http://www.nla.gov.au/exhibit....ll.html

ghostface.gif

Okay, now I'm scared...

Looks like a cool creature that got extinct , must be awesome to see what it really looked like if it was still alive today
smile.gif

It's probably a sensational hoax.

I agree with jimscott on this. Looking at the so- called "cyclops" skull, i can see only half a jaw. and the weird position of the mouth is unrealistic, and that one next to it seems as if it couldnt even close its mouth. On land that would lead to water loss, and in the water, even if the toung was preventing the water from entering its lungs, eating and swallowing would have led to its drowning.

Click on the picture, and it says [Mounted head of a deformed foal], and
Australian National Maritime Museum whats the head of a deformed foal doing in a maritime museum? and why am i saying it could live in water? Im not awake today  yet
food-smiley-021.gif

wait wait what am i talking about? deformities result in all kinds of strange things detremantal to the survival of the animal.

I mean no offense, im just saying that i am skepticle. I would welcome any information that will prove me wrong

That is grossley deformed! Imagine seing one of those alive! Wouldn`t you have a heart atackk?

Just from reading all your replies, I think I'll pass on clicking on FTG's link.  I don't think I need any more wierd images in my head.  thanks  
wink.gif

For some reason I just had a flashback / mental image of a certain quasi-Mount Rushmore posting - if you catch my drift!

Did anyone notice the last line of the article...possable government influence?
rock.gif

It looks alot like Kenny Chesney to me.
tounge.gif

There was a rash of these hoaxes arount the 1860's and later, and sadly caught mainstream attention because the general population was ignorant. Looking at the picture (and I'm an extreme amature) I see at least three different bones mounted as one. There is the main skull, which is mammian and flipped around-what appears to be the single eye socket is actually the spinal opening at the base of the skull. There are also two jaw bones, the lower one may be an anteater and the upper one seems to be another jawbone flipped upside down. I'm not so sure what the upper jaw bone is from, but it clearly has a mandibular attatchment.

There was a real craze at the time for hominids and anything that would stir up some notoriety was tried.

jason the monk

It's also quite possibly and elephant (or mastadon, or related, trunck-weilding animal). If you've ever seen an elephant skull, they have a huge hole in the front of their skulls that are really for the truck and associated nerves/organs/muscles. It's easily mistaken for one, big eye hole.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Feb. 22 2004,10:23)]It looks alot like Kenny Chesney to me.
tounge.gif
You're aware of the fact that I'm going to have to kill you now, right?

Anywho... that's a deformed FOAL?!! OMG...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Feb. 25 2004,07:14)]You're aware of the fact that I'm going to have to kill you now, right?

Anywho... that's a deformed FOAL?!! OMG...
Bring it ON!!!!!!

images

That is kenny chesny.
laugh.gif

btw, i found that pic on google, i just searched, "deformed elephant" lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Feb. 25 2004,09:32)]
images

That is kenny chesny.
laugh.gif

btw, i found that pic on google, i just searched, "deformed elephant" lol
man his looks have really improved since the last time I saw him.
laugh.gif

That looks like a deformed herbivor skull, probubly a horse or something like that that was stillborn and remains washed into the river from the feilds.  I've seen some skulls way more messed up then that one, although how they get cyclops from that I know not.  I mean, uh duh, it doesn't HAVE an eye socket thats just the missing upper jaw and a tiped spinel entrence point.  It is funny that people thought it was a new animal
smile.gif
 Worse then when they call the deformed human skelitons alians when we have children born today with the same mutations,
sad.gif
 it's sad they don't live long, or if they do, most spend their days as outcasts or veggies depending on the extent of deformity.

... my horse was born with half her upper jaw missing and a pressed in eye socket. The owners actually payed to have her face reconstructed as a baby(the bon was there, but deformed and pressed in, being soft baby bone the vet was able to break it and wire it into a new shape untill the bones knitted so she would grow okay) and aside from one eye being slightly higher then the other you would never know it. I bet she looked pretty darn freaky when she was born... I'm glad she did though because that is the only reason we could afford her and she is of the highest quality bloodlines (Damage was probubly from mother being kicked while pregnent)

I think a lot of people have waaay to much time on their hands...and feet...and brains, or the lack thereof.  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]btw, i found that pic on google, i just searched, "deformed elephant" lol

That would be a picture of the elephant man

My two cents... retarded. LOL That is the fakest animal "skull" that I have ever seen for the excption of the ape skull that had a human skull inside of it.

Actually if a ewe feeds on snakeweed(I think that was the plant?) the lambs ocasionaly look like that,but die shortly after birth.

Lol. ozzy!
mad.gif

Back