What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Los Angeles Auto Show

I just watched a show on ESPN 2 about the LA auto show and there were some really awesome cars.  I've been kind of mad at the auto makers the past few years due to the bland and ugly cars in the past.  But after watching this show I'm much happier now!  I'd have to say the absolute most awesome car i saw was the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve.  It has a 6.0 liter V-12 and 4 turbos with 850hp and 850 lb/ft. of torque!!! 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and a 10.6 1/4 mile! Top speed is nearly 250 mph!!  It's a prototype so they're actually going to make these!!  

My other favorite cars I saw: Generation 6 Corvette, retro Ford Mustang GT (based on 1967 mustang i believe; very cool), the Ford Shelby Cobra concept car, Pontiac Solstice, Pontiac GTO and Pontiac Grand Prix.  I would like one of each of these!!
smile.gif

-buckeye

Grand Prix's are nice but forking out 25 thousand is alot of money for something decreases in value the first 3 years. I would much rather have Jeep Cherokee but they do not make them anymore. Hey for that much I could play the stock market and have fun losing it that way. tee hee
laugh.gif

I went to this years LA Auto Show. Didn't see some of the cars you mentioned like the ME Four-Twelve. I hate all these retro designs. Pretty dissapointing this year.

Hey Buckeye,
Good choices for a stable of cars but I would have to include the Ford GT 40 I saw at the Miami Auto Show...now that is a car.  
cool.gif

A guy around the corner has an original Shelby Cobra and occasionally takes it out on a nice weekend.  Driving a half million dollar (conservative estimate) car on the street is insane but the sound of that big 427 cu. in. beast is awesome.

I have a little "98 Lincoln Mark VIII (slightly tweaked to 345 hp) that turns the quarter mile at 14.01 @ 101 mph.
The Barrett Jackson Auction will be in Palm Beach March 19...maybe a little 32 Ford three window will be in my future.
smile.gif

Anyone gone to the Laguna Seca Auto Show? I live about 5 miles form there, so if you ever plan on going, let me know
blues.gif

The ME Four Twelve was at the Detroit/Chicago Auto shows AFAIK. Also, Prototype and "going to make it" are two different things. Prototype means that that specific example works, and that it could be built if needed. But unfortunately, more than likely it will always be a prototype. Most people with deep enough pockets to buy one shun it because it's a Chrysler... too bad they don't remember the glory days of American Muscle... Just my super-short version of one of my rant/raves.
Lithopsman
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Prototype and "going to make it" are two different things. Prototype means that that specific example works, and that it could be built if needed. But unfortunately, more than likely it will always be a prototype.

I actually saw somewhere that they are planning to make some.  Not very many though. Of course they may back out on this if there's a lack of interest.

-buckeye

Back