What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant organization

I have been busy making setups for the plants lately.  Getting them set more attractively.  Here are the new ones.

Highland chamber.  The casing needs tightening.  This is converted from an aviary.  It functions well, but is somewhat attractive too.  It is 2.5 x 1.5 x 6

2.jpg

Lowland.  This is in construction and should be done tonight.  It is 2.5 x 2.5 x 6.  A fairly large space.  It also will be framed in.  Both of these chambers have silvered storm windows on the back for reflection of light and easy access.  This will have a white plastic interior wall with insulted sides.  I will be adding a small sprinkler system to both chambers.

4.jpg

This is my new terrarium shevling unit.  I have another smaller one as well.  This is 4 x 2 x 4.

6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wow copper, that adapted aviary is a great idea! Looks really sharp. How do light something that's tall? Just several lights going on down the sides?

Very nice Rose! Great set up.
smile.gif

Wow! My plants are all either on the porch under lights or strewn outside. Nothing professional like that! Nice job, Copper!

SF

They all look very nice!! Good job.
smile.gif

-buckeye

Nice setup Rose! I like the nep grow chambers!

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Feb. 27 2004,10:46)]This will have a white plastic interior wall with insulted sides.
Ahhh! Your mother was a cinderblock and your dad was piece of chipped drywall.
That kind of insult?

tounge.gif
J/K

They look real nice Rose!  Wouldn't mind having those in my room.

smile.gif

BCK

Here's my setup. I just use an open wire rack on my enclosed porch. It gives almost perfect highland conditions. Upper 50s at night, and 70's during the day. This is just the top shelf, and you can see just a bit of the shelf below. This shelf has an "Envirolight" type compact fluorescent plus a "fluorex" type compact fluorescent light attached to the top. The bottom shelf has four four-foot fluorescent tubes. The rack barely seen on the bottom left of the picture also has two shelves worth of four four-foot fluorescent tubes.

Porch%20setup3.JPG

Capslock

Back