What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quiznos rodent ads

• Thread starter bouncer67
  • Start date
Does anybody else find these ads a little creepy?  I actually found the origin of these furry creatures.  They are knicknamed "Spongemonkeys."  I don't know if that's the name of the group that sings it or the creatures themselves.  It originated from http://www.rathergood.com.  Click on the WE LIKE THE MOON link.  The kittens are funny too.

I don't really think they are creepy, they are just annoying. This has got to be the worse ad campain ever. I think somebody should be fired for even coming up with something so stupid. The song is almost as bad as the hamster looking things.

Actually, from a marketing standpoint, they are rather genius. They did exactly what they set out to do. They shocked you, anoyed you, got your attention. Exactly the point of advertising. To show you something that will stick in your mind, not something you will immiediatly dismiss. I have seen more discussion on the Quizno's commercials than any commercial during the superbowl. To me, that is #### good advertising considering the budget for it was next to nil.

(Sorry for the spelling, its 5 a.m.)

Paul

weird... and what did one of those things say? chopsticks?!
thats so stupid

I agree as to the ad being genius. I have never heard more viewpoints over a commercial before. This campaign will get Quiznos on the map as a household name. "Quiznos? Oh yeah, the ones with the floating rats."

Well this kind of advertising may work on some people but for me, it really turned me off Quiznos. I' alot less likely to eat there then I was before I saw the annoying rats.

Yeah,they slice up the rats and use them on the subs
tounge.gif
Just kidding
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Looking at the tiny hands (note the opposible thums. well i think there opposible, cant tell) ears, and head shape, i think it looks like a small primate.(hence 'Spongemonkeys') primates that size are usually nocturnal in nature, hence the 'we like the moon' part
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I' alot less likely to eat there then I was before I saw the annoying rats.

I like quiznos's but i prefer subway myself. And how do you know that a quiznos's add? i didnt see it say that anywhere
rock.gif

They looked like animated road kill to me. I'm with bouncer67, they are creepy!
mad.gif

smile.gif

BCK

I personally love the ad. I have a picture of them posted up. It definately got my attention!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

I thought it was funny.
tounge.gif
Say... that ought to kill quiznos though. Um I haven't seen this add before either.

They're called "spongemonkeys"? Oh thats just creepy...

But oddly enough, the commercial makes me want to eat Quiznos. Though it was their previous oven roasted commercials that made me want to try their place first, these creepy little things just reminded me
smile.gif

I've never heard of Qiznos (TERRIBLE name, whoever thought of that one should have been fired!) or the spongemonkeys, but now I have. The ad campaign seems to have worked, I even went to the Quiznos web site and downloaded their commercial just to see.

I love the spongemonkeys and the rest of the site.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers, Troy.

well i can say that it wasn't entertaining

That's all right, Finch. Leave that to me. NOT very entertaining, just another reason to watch my plants and not the tube.

right . not very entertaining, but slightly.  

May i ask some of you what makes floating rats so appealing? I mean, im not trying to be insulting, just trying to understand

I am shure watching Cp's would be entertaining, i wouldnt know. I guess ill go stare at my houseplants  
tounge.gif

At first I liked it a little. And then i got to thinkng... GROSS!! why would you have disgusting rodent-type things promoting food?
rock.gif

But hey, everyone's talking about it, so i suppose any kind of publicity at least gets their name out more.
tounge.gif

It's creepy and makes me want to throw up , i think Quiznos is gonna lose their buisness because it made me want to avoid quiznos. Did'nt even know the rat things were real too .

Back