What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Algae! .... Or something

I have some month or two old d. capensis "alba" seedlings. They're in Jiffy peat pellets and the top of the peat is turning a very dark green. I think it's algae but I not sure. If it is, could it hurt my seedlings?

I have the exact same situation. My D. capensis "alba" seedlings have some green algae. I actually posted on this in the Drosera forum. After doing some research, I found that this algae is called "slime mold". It is actually algae and NOT a mold. It is collecting into little puddles in my pots. I have found that this will cause no ill effects to the drosera. The only way I have seen to rid yourself of the algae is to spoon it out and cover it with some new soli. The only problems I have with the algae is that it stinks like farts.

Oh! Thanks!

I didn't think to post it on the drosera forum because it seemed like more of a general question.

Thanks again.

Back