What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion Of The Christ

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Btw I heard the actor who played CHRIST got struck by lightning when he was on the cross(seems like satan didn`t wont this movie made!

I heard that too. Also, I heard that some people working on the set and stuff gave their life to God during the filming of it. I think Gibson held a mass each day before they started filming too.

-buckeye

also, i heard a deaf man was healed on the set
wow.gif
ghostface.gif

Let's see... In the interviews the actor gave on several shows I saw, he stated that he was struck by lighting (his response was "You didn't like that take??").  I don't recall that he was on the cross at the time, though he did say that Mel sometimes forgot it was him an the cross and not the animatronic dummy.  He was struck by the whip when it missed the steel plate that was between him and the whip, he suffered a dislocated shoulder from the weight of the cross (~150 pounds), they attended sevices every day before filming, and it was very cold weather.  Never heard about the deafman thing until now.  You pulling our leg Spec??
rock.gif

smile.gif

BCK

Wow, Capslock, where did you get all that info?  I had thought that I would see the movie since the reviews were saying how well done it was.  After hearing about all the gore, though, I am rethinking that.  I don't need to see that.  I saw Braveheart before knowing how graphic & true to the times it would be.  Several times during the show my hands flew up to cover my face.  I would not go to see it again but I thought it was a good movie.  I don't need to expose my self to this element to know that we live in a, sometimes, vicious world.  These are historically based films but things aren't so different now, just the means.  After 9-11, I stopped reading the paper, wouldn't listen to the radio, turned off the tv, skipped the internet news.  I had had enough.  I couldn't take anymore horror.  Sure, there's been a lot of suffering, but we are human - we suffer.  I am in a local choral group & we will be performing the story of Joan of Arc using a film made in 1923 or so (& with the acapello group Anonymous 4!).  We've reviewed the film, those were gruesome times too.  The production is very artsy, music is wonderful, it will also be a moving experience.  But I will be singing, not watching the film again.  It depicted her burning at the stake - very well done, esp. for the era, but there is no doubt what is happening.  I will not seek out watching this film again, either.  I think some of us are very sensitive to other's suffering.  We don't need to view it to understand it.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wow, Capslock, where did you get all that info?

I cant speak for capslock, but i have heard everything he mentioned on the news, including what mel gibsons father said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] In the interviews the actor gave on several shows I saw, he stated that he was struck by lighting
i heard that too. but not the other stuff

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With regard to the issue of who killed Jesus, It was Jesus who laid down His life for all of humanity. This isn't about Jews or Romans. It never has been about a particular ethnic group. All of humanity is sinful. All of humanity is deserving of eternal death, beyond the physical one. However, God does not desire that fate for us. That is why He provided the only way to NOT receive THAT fate. It is also very simple. It is to have faith that God chose to send His Son to earth to die for our sins. BTW, I haven't seen the movie, but I have read the book.

That's very true and well said, Jimscott. Thank you for posting that.

SF
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Never heard about the deafman thing until now. You pulling our leg Spec??

No he isn't. In an interview Mel Gibson said: "There have been a lot of unusual things happening, good things like people being healed of diseases, a couple of people have had sight and hearing restored, another guy was struck by lightning while we were filming the crucifixion scene and he just got up and walked away."

-buckeye

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Mar. 01 2004,16:38)]Kinda makes you think,each time you sin you drive those nails ever further into CHRISTS
hands!

Yes it does pondboy,There is moment in the movie where Mary is holding Jesus and just staring into the camera or right at the audience as if to say ,why did he have to do this for you?

blues.gif
I liked braveheart... there was no more blood than lord of the rings, lol.

Also, I'm related to the braveheart guy... same clan
cool.gif

Yeah, that movie was awesome!!!!!!!!!! I loved it, all the girls going out were crying, and atleast all of the guys were atleast different.

Great movie! I did cry,and it was gory,but not exesivly so. Two thumbs up!

Great movie! I did cry,and it was gory,but not exesivly so. Two thumbs up!

That was a POWERFUL movie. I love gore and violence but this was different. It was like watching someone you actually know be tortured. Not the it's not real feeling. Nothing ever made quite like this.

Joe

Back